Snr Solicitor Job Code:
1120510 Skill Band:
United Kingdom - London Type:
Permanent Date Posted:
7 Feb 2019 Senior Solicitor Lloyds One Lime StreetAbout Us
All leadership roles within Lloyd's have an integral part to play in the achievement of the Strategy and Vision 2025 and will contribute overtly to:
Lloyd's becoming a brand that is globally admired and recognised and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for (re)insurance. Lloyd's will be known around the world for its integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work. This leadership role will practice and promote the principles of inclusive leadership and respect the value of diversity.
The Legal Department is a strategic business partner and trusted adviser to the business, its boards and committees, supporting the successful execution of the strategy and protecting the interests of the Corporation and the Market by delivering business focussed legal advice and support whilst minimising exposure to legal risk. The Role
To support the Lloyd's Head of Legal and General Counsel and to provide commercial contracts advice and support to the Lloyd's senior management, to Lloyd's committees, to a range of internal departments within Lloyd's and to Lloyd's subsidiaries and overseas offices.What Will You Do?
To be responsible to the Manager, Commercial Team for matters referred to below:
- Agree with the Head of Legal the targets and standards that support the attainment of the
- Leading and being responsible for providing accurate, pragmatic and timely risk-based legal advice on all legal commercial contract matters raised by internal departments and Lloyd's subsidiaries and overseas offices (with support from other members of the department as appropriate) including but not limited to the following teams: Group IT, Procurement, Innovation, Communications & Marketing, Corporate Real Estate, Syndicate Underwriting Performance, Policyholder and Third Party Oversight, Risk Aggregation, Syndicate Capability Oversight, Market Finance, Tax, Treasury & Investment Management, Risk Management, Compliance, Global Markets, International Regulatory Affairs and Market Services.
- Leading and being responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on a variety of commercial contracts (with support from other members of the department as appropriate) with a focus on IT/technology related matters including software licences, support and maintenance agreements, Classification: Confidential software development, cloud computing, SaaS, open source software licencing as well as services agreements, consultancy contracts, engagement letters, terms and conditions, data transfer agreements, outsourcing agreements, non-disclosure agreements.
- Leading and being responsible for providing legal and regulatory advice to Lloyd's senior management and to Lloyd's committees (with support from other members of the department as appropriate).
What You'll Need
- Manage the requirements and expectations of clients/stakeholders on matters and projects including cross-directorate and cross-market projects involving multiple stakeholders. Lead projects and project teams where required.
- Plan and prioritise workloads.
- Communicate progress of ongoing matters at regular intervals to clients and to the respective Team Managers and, as appropriate, the Head of Legal.
- Instruct and manage outside firms of solicitors and other external advisers where appropriate
- In-depth knowledge of, IP/IT law, Commercial law, Contract law, Data Protection law, Regulatory law, and the UK's regulatory framework for financial services.
- Knowledge of Lloyd's including its governance arrangements, its licensing structure, its regulators, its financial arrangements, its market oversight arrangements, its Acts, byelaws and regulations, and its commercial affairs generally.
- Detailed knowledge of the Lloyd's market and the wider insurance industry and of the major and emerging insurance market trends, developments and risks that impact Lloyd's and the Lloyd's market.
- Experience of providing risk based legal advice to senior management, internal departments, subsidiaries and to overseas offices on a range of commercial contract matters and projects.
- Experience of leading the giving of advice to committees and working with market, trade and representative bodies.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of progressing a variety of matters at the same time and with competing deadlines.
- Experience of managing cross-directorate and multi-stakeholder matters and projects.
- Experience of leading project teams.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive annual salary and benefits.
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email email@example.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: