Snr Mgr, Actuarial Job Code:
1130178 Skill Band:
United Kingdom - London Type:
FTC Date Posted:
30 Apr 2019 Senior Actuarial Manager Capital, 12month FTC One Lime Street
, London About Us
Technology will drive business value for Lloyd's of London and its customers by delivering effective and efficient IT services that embrace innovation for competitive advantage, whilst leveraging its global scope to standardise and integrate platforms and secure the highest value from strategic partnership through optimal sourcing.
This technical role within Lloyd's Infrastructure Operations has an integral part to play in the achievement of Lloyd's Strategy and Vision 2025 and will contribute to:
Lloyd's becoming a brand that is globally admired and recognised and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for (re)insurance. Lloyd's will be known around the world for its integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work. This role will practice and promote the principles of inclusiveness and respect the value of diversity. The Role
The Corporation of Lloyd's oversees and provides services to support the Lloyd's market and promotes Lloyd's around the world. Market Reserving & Capital (MRC) is the actuarial department in the Corporation and is responsible for market oversight as regards monitoring the adequacy of reserves and capital at syndicate level, and for the calculation of capital requirements for members and the Central Fund.
This temporary fixed term contract position to support the Head of Capital on a range of high priority team work areas. This will include a focus on comparison of syndicate and central capital views with other project work areas as required. Collaboration with reserving actuaries, Treasury, Exposure Management, Risk Management and HPC. Liaison with stakeholders, including the Executive, the PRA, the validator and rating agencies. What Will You Do?
You will support delivery of capital team output to a high standard of technical accuracy and communication. The senior manager has formal responsibility for deliverables related to the project work undertaken including responsibility for developing more junior team members, broadening their skill sets and offering them development opportunities. They would be expected to provide mentoring and support to junior members of the team from a professional perspective.
Project work will be defined based on prioritisation across the capital team working with senior managers and the head of capital, this includes: Comparison of syndicate and central views:
- Undertake analysis comparing modelled views to understand drivers of difference and categorise these as areas to be rectified/monitored.
- Challenge syndicate and internal assumptions to establish appropriateness of methodologies and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide reporting on work undertaken in a variety of formats and to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Manage analysis to contribute to the development/parameterisation of modelling
- Provide reporting summarising analysis in a variety of formats and to a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Manage analysis into areas of focus for syndicate modelling and draw clear conclusions on appropriateness of approaches taken and any clarification required from Lloyd's
- Interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Manage areas of strategic analysis related to capital, for example the robustness of the risk-based review approach taken and considerations of capital efficiency
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
To apply, please visit our careers page at https://www.lloyds.com/careers
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email email@example.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: