About the Role Base Location:
Cardiff, Reading or Perth Salary:
£36,260 - £44,257 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing. Working Pattern:
12 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available What is the Role?
This is a key business analyst role within the Smart Programme. As part of the role you will:
- Support the smart roll out of smart metering by working with the Smart Data and Innovation Senior Manager on the delivery of new and exciting smart innovation ideas and initiatives.
- Provide business analysis, planning and assessment support to ensure the creation and delivery of robust business cases.
- Impact assess and manage the implementation of other change initiatives that have a direct impact on the Smart programme's BAU status.
- Act as a key conduit between Business SMEs, Smart Campaign and Channel Managers, Programme Managers and other Business Analysts, helping to ensure change initiatives and other external programme change impacts are appropriately understood, assessed, reviewed and successfully implemented. What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A strong end to end knowledge of Smart metering within the context of both customer journeys, BAU operational and technical environments as well as a basic understanding of the Smart regulatory environment.
- Experience in supporting and delivering Smart related change initiatives ensuring these requirements have been successfully validated and embedded.
- Excellent stakeholder and communication skills to ensure effective engagement, collaboration and consultation with programme and departmental SMEs as well as with other wider change and IT programmes. Be able to communicate and present findings/insights back to line and senior management.
- Project management qualification is desirable or possess relevant demonstrable experience, as well as knowledge of relevant business analytics and business change techniques.
- Experience working in a fast-changing technical, operational, and commercial environment, with strong business acumen. About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero. What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more. Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey at [email protected]
or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.