We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
"Our team is responsible for automating, maintaining and monitoring the infrastructure and persistence layers of Sky's media transformation platforms, which help deliver video assets from the studios to your screen.
As part of Sky's recent merger with NBC\/Universal, we are ramping up our involvement with an exciting new project that will encompass both companies and will make use of cutting-edge new technologies in the observability world" - Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will combine software and systems engineering knowledge to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. As SREs, we ensure that our internally critical and our externally-visible systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an eye on capacity, security and performance. Our work focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through end-to-end automation.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of a platform\u2014from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Work together with stakeholders and developers through the initial gating process of new use-cases, and provide insight and expertise in reliability, availability, serviceability, scalability, automation and security to positively influence its scope.
- Work in an across-continents, greenfield project that will encompass all of the company's teams and help shape its direction.
- Maintain systems once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
- Aptitude to design, create and deliver infrastructure, code or services to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our internal or customer-facing services
- Talent in contributing to the stability and security of the environment
- Ability to participate in a team that contributes and creates new designs, architectures and standards for large-scale distributed systems
- Engagement in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Power in defining process and best practices for reliable and timely delivery of quality products
- Involvement in communicating work status regularly with a clear articulation of design choices along the way.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with good communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to adapt and being open-minded, without skimping on our core values and standards.
- The Tech - Ansible, Jenkins, Elasticsearch (ELK Stack), Prometheus and Python
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about