Gousto is the UK's leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe's fastest growing independent companies, you'll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we've connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we'll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we're only just getting started.
Join us and let's dream big and deliver bigger.
A rare opportunity To lead a new Engineering team within a new purpose built facility. You will play a key part in building and leading a world class Engineering Team ensuring strategies are in place to support delivery of overall business and Engineering objectives. You will support the maintenance strategy of the site packaging and distribution assets, and lead the infrastructure and facility agenda.
What you'll do
- To manage overall site services and assets across a 24hr facility.
- Build and manage an R&M budget for Utilities and Facilities maintenance.
- To lead and manage a 'fit for purpose' Engineering team with a bias for action to provide a business focused service which demonstrates legal compliance, best practice, continuous improvement and maximises the team's contribution to the organisation's aims, objectives and ownership principles
- To maintain engineering CMMS & Stores systems to ensure availability of spares and appropriate maintenance is scheduled at the appropriate frequency.
- To support projects as required to contribute to centrally driven Engineering and business initiatives
- Be responsible for contractor management, undertake the role as Electrical duty Holder, and positively support the site safety agenda.
- Lead a group of shift based Engineers - prioritising workloads between Planned, reactive and improvement initiatives.
- Build an effective relationships, with internal stakeholders plus 3rd Party (contracted) Site Maintenance team.
- Plan and communicate with cross functional teams to successfully plan, understand priorities, performance improvements, effective repair of issues, complete routine PPM, minimising downtime.
- Review performance to understand issues and corrective actions taken or actions to be planned into plant down time, ensuring sufficient time and resource are allocated.
- Conduct 121 interactions on a regular basis to understand teams SWOT, build development plans and conduct appraisals.
- Ensure effective handovers (verbal and written) between engineering shift teams, and operations to ensure clarity of information, priorities, ownership and timings. .Review Project, Improvement & PPM activities and processes with the Engineering/Projects Manager to ensure they remain fit for purpose. .
- To support the Site Engineering Manager to deliver, review and improve key engineering KPI's.
- To live our ownership principles, always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Strong understanding of Mechanical and Electrical systems. Including Packaging and conveying equipment, LV distribution systems, Refrigeration systems and MHE.
- Site Services failure mitigation & disaster recovery competence to put these in place and implement in time of need.
- Experience of compliance obligations to site facility services - Legionella, LOLER, LV, Refrigeration systems etc.
- Apprenticeship/College trained engineer, with minimum ONC/HNC qualification in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrates the competencies required to accept Duty Holder Responsibilities.
- A safety qualification would be advantageous; IOSH,NEBOSH
- Working knowledge and understanding for the principles of PTW, RAMS, LOTO
- Working knowledge of H&S legislation e.g. CE, PUWER, LOLER PSSR,
- Understanding of food hygiene standards (BRC)
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement (Ci) and lean manufacturing processes
- Currently operating at a senior level in a Engineering Team with experience of people management
- Demonstrable examples and skills in continuous improvement methodologies in an operational environment
- Proven leader and coach, able to set and achieve performance targets but who is also passionate about the culture within their own team and the wider business
- Currently operating at a people manager level with significant experience of people management to include ensuring team members have objectives, training and development plans, also the ability to develop their team through coaching.
- Resilient, flexible, and adaptable to embracing managing change in a high pace environment
Extra skills we'd love
- Competent user of MS Office and or Google Docs.
- Experience of CMMS systems is highly desirable
- An understanding of FMCG, Food manufacturing, Automation (Box erectors, Local logic control of simple air systems, conveying equipment, Closed Loop control systems, PLC control principals, batch/process line flow concepts), Warehouse automation & Pick by Light systems.
This role sits within the operations excellence team and reports to the Site Engineering Manager.
Hours of Work; Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days - this needs updating Vs shift pattern
Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Gousto Academy training courses.
- Gym Membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events.
- Free Coffee/ Tea
Equal opportunity is hugely important to us, across all areas of Gousto. Currently, in our team there are over 20 nationalities and it's deeply important to us to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. We treat all individuals in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
You're a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You're initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You'll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today's good is tomorrow's mediocre. We're always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people's skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.