We are seeking enthusiastic Engineers with a drive to work on the design and construction of the Hinkley Point C (HPC) nuclear new build site, currently one of the world's largest construction projects.
We are looking to grow our Site Engineering Team located on the construction site in Somerset across multiple disciplines and are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic environment, who can work collaboratively to deliver innovative and technical solutions to our client's problems.
We have roles available ranging from experienced Engineers capable of leading multidisciplinary teams, through to Graduate Engineers looking to launch their career and work towards chartership.
As part of the wider Atkins team you will be fully supported both technically and pastorally ensuring that you are able to take on the variety and varying levels of work demand that will be place on you, progressing your experience and career in parallel.
You be involved in the wide-ranging activities undertaken by our site-based teams, which will include:
Skills and Experience
- Design Development & Management
- Close out of design issues
- Response to Field Information requests and changes
- Design Surveillance during construction
- Technical review and acceptance of contractor deliverables
- Support to development of commissioning programmes and responding to emergent issues.
- Site Walkdowns and inspection
Your skills are important and your attitude towards taking on fresh challenges is key. You'll enjoy working closely with other engineers, project managers and multi-disciplinary teams and be able to work with these stakeholders to define solutions.
From a technical perspective, we are seeking people with varied backgrounds and varied levels of experience to support our diverse team. We are looking for our team to have a mix of design experience, site experience and some of this experience within a highly regulated industry such as the nuclear industry. We are looking for:
Does this sound like you? In which case, we'd love you to apply for this role.
- Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
- Infrastructure Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- Commissioning experience
- Project Managers and Project Engineers
Experience of one, or more, of the following aspects is desirable:
- Making informed decisions balancing design, site, schedule and commercial requirements.
- Working knowledge of the detailed design phases and how this is transitioned to the construction phase
- Responsibility for budget and schedule for engineering tasks.
- Working with contractors on site to deliver the implementation of engineering solutions.
- Previous experience of the Energy sector or other highly regulated sectors.
SNC-Lavalin develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage you to participate actively in your own development through on the job work, in-house and external training courses.This role will require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.