In addition to managing the relationships with a number of key individual clients and actively driving new sales, the Shipowners' and Maritime Industries Client Advocacy Group Leader will be responsible for leadership and mentoring of the Lead Relationship Managers within this Group.
Similarly the role will involve the design and placement of specific industry business into the relevant insurance market and liaising with clients to ensure we meet client expectations with every aspect to the placement.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in Marine H&M and ancillary covers together with generating and converting new enquiries into orders. The Role
- Ability to understand a client or prospect's business, situations, opportunities, problems and key issues
- Ability to manage and develop relationships at appropriate levels in the clients' organisation
- Prepare client and prospect presentations considering the impact of client profitability
- Work with Account Executives and Sales Team in determining appropriate solutions and structuring and pricing the deal
- Identify appropriate markets and determine placing strategy
- Create and grow relationships with underwriters in London and international markets
- Experience in pricing and designing conceptual programmes
- Participate in information gathering exercises.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with Willis guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure good relationships and communication with other Willis associates
- A thorough understanding and an expert real time user for all relevant systems
- Ability to lead tenders/request for proposal (RFP) response teams for major clients/prospects
- Strategic involvement in the wider Marine Group as part of the Marine Leadership team (Executive)
- Preferably ACII qualified or equivalent industry experience
- A proven track record in Insurance Broking or Underwriting is essential
- A good knowledge of the insurance market in order to address client and technical issues
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Good presentation abilities
- Ability to assimilate and apply large volumes of information rapidly
- Negotiation skills coupled with the ability to be flexible and innovative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
- Able to prioritise, manage deadlines and work under pressure
- Comfortable explaining complex concepts and making recommendations to clients/client servicing teams
- Must be able to forge links between broking and client servicing teams
- Ability to adapt personal style to work effectively with a wide range of clients, colleagues and underwriters
- Must be prepared to work with integrity and openness, complying at all times with FCA requirements.
- Good IT skills with excellent Excel usage capability
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson. Unsolicited Contact:
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.