What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
Opportunities to get on
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Cafe
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
OurEmployee Assistance Programme
helps you deal with life's challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-termcharity partnersAbout the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit atime served Electro - Mechanical Service Technicianto work with ourexisting in-house maintenance team.At Tesco, our distribution centres, stores and offices could not function without the support of our Maintenance Team. The Service Technicians deliver statutory requirements, proactive planned and reactive maintenance to minimise equipment breakdown. Following the Tesco Maintenance operating model in a prompt and cost-effective way to minimised impact on the business.
Ensuring the business can continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day. You will be responsible for
- Completing planned preventative maintenance in line with Tesco Safe Operating Procedures.
- Responding to maintenance and repair requests using a PDA through CMMS approach.
- Management of van stock, usage and parts replenishment.
- Communication with the team and the wider business team.
- Working collaboratively with the National Operation Centre
- Supporting manager to resolve customer issues. You will need
-Completed an Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship
-NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant discipline
-Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge
-Good communication skills.
-Full UK driving licence
-Experience working in a retail environment
-Welding experience would be an advantage
-Confident in interrogating electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams About us
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that makeusoneofthe leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. Weoperate inover 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores,distribution centres, Tescobanks andheadoffices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineeringsolutions andsupport.
With our comprehensive induction and ourtechnicalcompetency plan, weinvest intraining forour field colleaguestohave the right level of skills and expertisefor each roletoworksafelyandprovide first-rateasset managementacross our estate.Wecreate a culturewhereevery colleagueis competent, motivated andprofessional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. OurOperations andMaintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support ourfieldengineersto get the job done.Our Engineering teamwork internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security tosustainability.
Everything we doin Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement tothe overall shopping experience for our customers.