About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britainsrailway. From Crossrail Europes largest civil engineering project toinvestment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification,we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that thiscountry has ever seen.
Our railway has been growing for 150 years, withoutsignificant renewal. And yet its required to carry more freight and passengersthan ever before. We anticipate up to 400 million more passenger journeys by assoon as 2020. Investment and modernisation are absolutely essential.
So, were building the railway of the future. Its acolossal challenge. And were relishing every moment. Were driven to delightour customers and help the economy thrive. Weve already developed a worldclass reputation for taking care of our track - ours is one of the safestrailways in Europe.
Naturally, were constantly seeking new talent to help usachieve our ambitious goals! Brief Description About us
This role sits in Route Services, a business area thathas been created to supply services to the routes in the safest, mostcost-efficient and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies ofscale and optimised national resources.
Route Services IT delivers smart technology for therailway of today designing fit-for-purpose and innovative solutions acrossthe business. We manage the day to day running of our vast IT estate, fromsafety critical systems' maintenance to hardware provision, and provide supportto thousands of employees every day. The role
Coordinate and assist in controlling the ServiceManagement processes under Service Design and Service Transition in apro-active and professional manner, focusing on IT Change Management.
Were looking for someone with passion and drive who isused to a fast-paced environment, and is eager to learn. About the role (External) Key Accountabilities
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Provide administrative and technical back up and support for Change Management function.
- Assist with the maintenance and configuration of the Service Management tools such as Assyst and the Configuration Management database CMDB.
- Provide technical advice and information to customers of the Service Design and Transition processes.
- Support the provision of management information and reporting.
- Act as first point of contact with customers and manage call queues.
- Contribute to the formulation of ITIL best practice by staying abreast of improvements and assist in improving Route Services IT.
- Support the objectives and budgets of Service Design and Service Transition contributing and influencing peers to support the Service Manager (Service Design) and Service Manager (Service Transition) to deliver a high performing team
Meet the following criteria?Apply today to join our team! Essential
- Sound understanding of service delivery disciplines
- Broad appreciation of the Service Management area of IT
- ITIL v3 qualified to foundation certificate level or equivalent experience
- Excellent task management - follow tasks through to completion/handover
- Intermediate level of skill in compiling and using spreadsheets and Crystal reports for analysis
- Experience of liaison with 3rd party units with interest in the system/changes
- Good working knowledge of policy framework, organisational structure and reporting procedures
- Knowledge of all stages of the Route Services IT delivery life cycle from feasibility through to support
- Significant experience of working in a large organisation.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life. Safe behaviour
is a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should be able to demonstrate their awareness of our safety vision
This is a Band 5 vacancy and is paying the following salary: 29,000 - 30,000
This is a 12-month fixed term/secondment opportunity Closing date
: 20th December 2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close this advert before the advertised end date based on the number of applicants.
Please note, interviews for this role will be held in January 2020 Currency GBP Amount of Travel Work At Home