The focus of your role
This is a chance to work on services that matter, with people who value design and create work you're proud to talk about. As a service designer you'll work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside researchers and developers, to deliver word-class, usercentered
Who you'll be working with
Our agile team is a mix of delivery partners, consultants and civil servants working to build a new government service. We produce digital experiences for enterprise clients, providing complex solutions in content management, digital marketing, e-commerce and
technical systems. We are an award winning multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, architects, strategists, and digital cosultants. We create, manage and deliver first class experiences to the best companies in the world. We find the right balance
between user, business and technology.
We represent the new breed of consultants that bring flair and delight to the corporate world and increasingly the consumer market. We work with Macbook Pros, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Onigraffle and the Shutterstock library. And before
you ask, you are not required to wear a suit, but smart enough to leave a slick lasting "design" impression. Working with the experience team is an experience in itself for clients and team members.
What you'll do
- Analyse failure within services and identify root causes for that failure
- Run workshops with stakeholders, users and technical team to align vision, drive consensusnd insight discovery.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service
- Understand user needs and identify where separate interactions with government should act as one service that meet that need
- Arrange these separate interactions into rational user journeys within that service
- Understand the existing supporting system of a service and design targeted improvements to that system to accommodate the new service - both digital and process based
- Create and rapidly iterate service prototypes
- Identify and design new cross government service patterns and standards
- Research user and business, turning these into insights that will help define user journeys and inform design.
- Draw insights and reveal pain points in order to uncover where the opportunities are, leading to where the value is to thbusiness and users.
- We work in Agile to keep on designing your finding along the way back into your designs.
- Aware of technical possibilities / able to liaise with tech team to build tech considerations into design.
- Iterate your ideas and designs until you have achieved a good balance between technical constraints, business requirements and user needs.
What you'll bring
- Solid experience working with the Government Design Service
- Proven experience of linking user needs with business goals
- Lead a workshop
- Be able to work quickly in an agile environment
- Be able to explain ideas in a way that other people understand
- Welcome the constructive criticism of their work and be able to constructively review the work of others
- Know how to interpret user research
- Know how to remove complexity from services
- Explain design decisions and be able to represent a service at a service assessment
- Assess a service and give constructive feedback
- Put forward the case for design with a product manager
- Collaborate on designs with a developer
- Engage the whole multidisciplinary team with the design process
- Drive to participate and actively contribute to the team's sucesss and direction
- Experience in the what (UX) and the How (UI).
- Design Thinking experience a plus
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you. Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn't necessarily right for everyone. So we'd love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.