About the Role Base Location:
Reading, Cardiff and Perth Salary:
£39,400- £59,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing. Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available What is the Role?
As we continue our Digital Transformation, we have a fantastic opportunity to establish and grow a newservice and experience designcapability within our digital product team. As theService and Experience Lead, you will be instrumental in shaping and delivering our customer experience vision and strategy. This role is critical to help us achieve our ambition and mission to be a market leader in customer centricity.
As part of the role you will:
- Have responsibility for the end to end, omni-channel customer experience, bridging the gap between business goals and customer needs, resulting in successful outcomes for both.
- Inspire and educate colleagues at all levels within the business as our leading advocate for user centred design.
- Manage and develop the research and design practice and ways of working to ensure successful delivery within an agile framework.
- Define and maintain customer experience KPIs across digital and non-digital journeys.
- Enable continuous improvement strategies based on product performance data.
- Grow the service and experience design team through a culture of accountability, quality and operational excellence.
- Line manage, mentor and develop the service and experience design team.
- Embed a capability framework to measure team skills, identify skills gaps and map quarterly targets. What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have the following:
- Extensive demonstratable experience of leading user centred design teams.
- An experienced practitioner, you can coach and lead teams in user centred design best practices.
- You know how to shape a project, defining the right approach and methodology based on the stage within the project lifecycle.
- You are a brilliant communicator and an expert in advocating for, and communicating the benefits of, user centred design practices.
- You are a natural collaborator, with experience of building relationships with stakeholders of all levels within large, complex organisations.
- Demonstrable experience of leading critical programmes across multiple areas of an organisation ensuring strategic alignment across all areas.
- Experience and understanding of the wider digital economy and technological advances.
- Experience of mentoring, managing and developing researchers and designers. About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero. What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more. Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey at [email protected]
or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.