As an SEO Analyst in Children's Design + Engineering, you will play a central role in supporting and delivering the digital strategy for the acquisition and retention of audiences from other digital platforms, including search and social, and understanding audience offsite audience behaviour and the routes audiences take into Children's products such as Games, CBeebies Grown Ups and short form video.
This will include driving improvements in the optimisation of content for strong performance within search engines and analysing usage statistics that inform and shape product development strategies that drive reach and acquisition and improve the frequency and length of visit. We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Gather, analyse and report on the performance of Children's products in search engines across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms, in order to support product development and data-driven decision making
- Work closely with other SEOs, Children's development and editorial teams on a daily basis to define and deliver recommendations on SEO best practice and optimise how content performs on search engines.
- Monitor the performance of the Children's website on search engines on a daily basis, taking ownership of a toolset and KPIs for SEO related performance.
- Devise SEO strategies for key brands and campaigns and report on their success
- Work with other SEOs and Product Managers to prioritise SEO related improvements to the Newsround,CBBC & CBeebies websites, driving improvements through to completion
- To keep up to date with industry trends, SEO best practices and changes to search engine technology that will impact on the SEO performance of the Newsround, CBBC and CBeebies websites, identifying changes required to remain competitive
- Input into the development of a holistic pan-BBC search strategy, combining social media, PPC and SEO
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the requirement for and use of additional technology or research tools in order to deliver this strategy
Are you the right candidate?
- Demonstrable experience in SEO best practice and good knowledge of search engine technology
- Experience and knowledge of data and the ability to analyse, interpret and apply media research
- Experience of reporting on usage of web products across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms, including mobile applications.
- Experience of reporting on SEO performance
- Experience of working on online application projects and with relevant technologies
Contract type: 12 month FTC
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here