Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Jacobs Digital exists alongside this extensive portfolio of projects working with major clients across all sectors. Digital is responsible for incubating, building and running new products and solutions for our customers - meaning you are joining a team of fast moving problem solvers working on varied and interesting challenges. Our products range from established software to nascent ideas sparking in to life; leveraging Lean Startup to rapidly invest and incubate new products.The team is currently experiencing unprecedented growth and is looking for a Senior Web Developer to join our Team.
This is a senior role within the software development team, reporting directly to the Divisional Director for software development. The role holder will be required to independently design and develop high quality deliverables. Role Description
As a Senior Developer, you're an expert who is one of the go-to people for queries from across the business. Working closely with the team, you will consult, analyse and present results back to the business and deliver real business change.
The successful applicant will become part of a respected and hardworking team, providing support to clients and other team members alike. Whilst the role is in the Development team the successful candidate will also work closely with the Data Analytics, Sales and Operations teams, gaining good knowledge and experience across a number of different skills. Applicants should be keen, hardworking and have excellent technical skills and background. There is significant advancement and leadership progression opportunities.
- Design and development of new technical solutions for enterprise-level projects
- Developing, maintaining and supporting our existing SaaS applications
- Supporting and mentoring junior team members
- Working with the wider business to draw out opportunities and generate new ideas
- Proven professional experience with ASP.NET / C#
- Advanced experience of T-SQL / SQL Server
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues
- Flexible and able to adapt to new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
- Excellent technical knowledge of typical office software applications
- Analytical mind who can bring clarity to difficult situations
- Have initiative and the ability to work autonomously
Work at Home
- Other technologies (IIS, VB.NET, PostgreSQL, REST APIs)
- Mobile App development (Xamarin, Swift, Objective-C, Java)
- Relevant sector experience
- IoT experience
- Cloud services (Google, AWS, Azure)
- GIS technologies (Geoserver, PostGIS, Openlayers, ESRI)
Occasional working from home is possible
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.