UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK LtdYour future team
We are pleased to be recruiting for a Senior M&A Underwriter to join our high-performing global team. AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mind-set. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
Our Mergers & Acquisitions insurance business provides cutting edge solutions for M&A deals, offering a full spectrum of individually tailored insurance programmes for both buyers and sellers, mainly through use of our warranty & indemnity insurance solution.
You will manage a team of underwriters who undertake a process of legal and commercial risk analysis for M&A deals, with a view to providing clients with warranty & indemnity insurance solutions that allow them to meet their transaction objectives.
Your activities will be centred on managing the underwriting of corporate deals across all sizes and sectors of business, consulting on transaction risk, developing and marketing new business, assisting with new product development and developing new and existing broker and client relationships.Main Duties:
What we are looking forEssential
- Underwriting and managing the underwriting of warranties and indemnities insurance policies (also called representation and warranties insurance)
- In conjunction with other members of the M&A team, to deliver timely and bespoke transaction insurance documents on transaction risk deals
- Implementing agreed strategies with management for growing the book of business
- Develop commercially successful relationships with M&A production and distribution sources - with focus on brokers, law firms, investment banks, accountants, and private equity funds
- Regularly attend and present at external client meetings, commercial and legal seminars with a view to building relationships
- Propose and develop new transaction insurance products
- UK, US or Commonwealth qualified solicitor preferred, or other relevant M&A transactional experience such as corporate finance advisory, tax or accounting
- Strong technical knowledge in relation to negotiating and managing M&A transactions (with a focus on corporate structuring and private equity transactions)
- Excellent technical and business development skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; extremely proficient drafter of legal and commercial documents
- Ability to negotiate with commercially and legally sophisticated advisors and clients
- Highly focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaboratively work with local financial lines team
- Ability to understand and execute commercial decision making in a context of legal risk assessment
- Experience underwriting M&A insurance
- European language skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.