UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK LtdYour future team
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
This role will contribute to the growth of the Financial Lines Profit Centre by: underwriting new and renewal business; developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing brokers; assisting management with reporting; and working to carry out agreed FL strategies. The role although office based will involve traveling for broker visits as well as internal meetings and presentations (A company car will be provided with this role)Accountabilities for the role:
- Meet individual underwriting expectations to help team achieve budgeted financial objectives.
- Underwrite within agreed decision making standards, limitations, and underwriting authority
- Assess desirability of risk through analysis of financial reports and accounts (as required)); regular contact with broker; thorough review of proposal; and review of claims history and general company information
- Use designated Underwriting system(s) to streamline underwriting and information-tracking approach across Profit Centre. Input required data consistently and accurately
- Provide accurate monthly Management information including, but not limited to, submissions, bind rate, average premium, and total premium as required
Customer and Sales:
- Provide excellent service to brokers through consistent, timely, and proactive approach to underwriting
- Exhibit sales orientated behaviours, defined by Management as: motivated, tenacious, focused, technically skilled, proactive, and accountable
- Generate new business by expanding broker network, attending broker events, and building new relationships across the market
- Be responsible for meeting larger proportion of new business target(s) than junior Underwriters.
- Provide excellent service to brokers through consistent, timely, and proactive approach to underwriting.
- Serve as guide and/or referral point for junior Underwriters.
- Connect junior Underwriters with brokers. Be responsible for informing junior Underwriters of broker networking opportunities as they arise
- The role will also include a significant involvement in our e-trade propositions with a focus on improving practices and development of systems.
- Build relationships with brokers by attending and organising regular broker events
- Provide active guidance to junior Underwriters. Review and/or sign off on accounts as appropriate.
- Ensure all brokers and clients are treated fairly
- Ensure customer-centric approach
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Ensure contract certainty
- Ensure compliance with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities
- Solid/proven underwriting experience is required; the ideal candidate will have an understanding of a broad range of financial lines products including D&O, PI and Cyber risks
- Strong communication skills
- Time management - ability to handle multiple priorities, organise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Organizational skills
- Customer and sales focused
- Tenacious, motivated, proactive
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.