Overview Senior Underwriter, Cyber
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The insurance companies of Chubb serve multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health, homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage.
With $150 billion in assets and $37 billion of gross written premiums in 2014* on a pro forma basis, Chubb's core operating insurance companies maintain financial strength ratings of AA from Standard & Poor's and A++ from A.M. Best.
Chubb's parent company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
Are you interested in working for the world's largest property & casualty insurer in the world with excellent employee benefits and offices in 54 countries?
Are you an experienced Underwriter with Cyber knowledge? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Underwriter to be a key part of Chubb's Cyber Underwriting Team in London. You will have responsibility for growth of the Portfolio with key Brokers and Clients, whilst maintaining and developing a portfolio of existing accounts. This position will suit someone with experience of Cyber in the London market and will have a core focus on growing Chubb's external profile in the market. Key Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the UK/I Cyber Manager to drive development opportunities, including devising strategies to achieve depth and breadth penetration of the market in Cyber Insurance
- Financial Goals. To underwrite new business or renewals according to defined underwriting guidelines, specified budget and local business plan.
- Portfolio Integrity. To assist in formulating underwriting strategy, forecasts and portfolio management in order to achieve underwriting profitability. To ensure quality control within defined area of responsibility by undertaking quantitative underwriting reviews, running regular management meetings and peer reviews.
- Product Development. To prioritise and develop products within area of specialist expertise in order to improve client retention and new business. This may involve collaborating with peers within and across business lines in Europe as well as globally.
- Producer Management. To represent and promote Chubb corporately to brokers, internal and external clients. This may involve servicing key producers and clients, monitoring business acquisition and retention as well as maximising cross-selling opportunities.
It also requires strong focus so that the individual establishes and executes business plans to maximise business opportunities with brokers
- Procedures. To meet company standards in respect of policy documentation, timeframe for quoting new and renewal business and compliance issues.
- Operational Management. To manage junior colleagues by using peer review process as well as providing mentoring, training and coaching where appropriate. In so doing, ensuring a high quality underwriting team. To allocate resources to meet business objectives.
- Chubb Representative. To represent and promote Chubb and maintain a permanent contact with internal colleagues and clients as well as major clients.
- Building and maintaining a strong external reputation. Behaving in a manner consistent with Chubb's core values and culture both internally and externally
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork.
- Considerable market experience, ACII preferred. Continues to develop technical and broader business skills
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of Corporate Underwriting experience, the insurance market and competitors.
- Solid experience of dealing with brokers and clients.
- Results driven with ability to make own decisions and work on own initiative.
- An experienced professional who is recognised externally.
- Experience of leadership, training, mentoring and people development.
- You are driven, with high-energy, commitment, enthusiasm and ambition. You are a forward-thinking, intelligent, capable underwriter with a strong technical underwriting background in Cyber.
Our core values decide how we live and work. We're an ethical and honest company that's wholly committed to its clients. A business that's engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that's collaborative and supportive.
At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances. Work Location:
London - Leadenhall Job Function:
Underwriting Employment Type:
Join Our Talent Network
We came a long way in a very short space of time.