UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK LtdYour Future team:
Providing innovative solutions to our global clients is the corner stone of the Casualty Major Risk team. Our solutions must be easily implemented yet far reaching in scope. Our underwriters are flexible and creative yet willing to provide assistance at any level of the process in order to get the job done. This fast paced team is responsible for a portfolio of complex accounts.Your contribution to AIG:
As a senior underwriter within the Major Risks team at AIG you will be an expert in your field. You will lead by example and you will demonstrate leadership behaviours, you will influence outcomes both internally and externally with integrity and professionalism.
In this role you will contribute to the growth of the Major Account book, while fostering a culture of responsibility, accountability and exemplary underwriting standards.Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Project management of the entire new business and renewal process from actuarial and underwriting through to legal, credit, risk management and multinational servicing.
- Underwrite and service risks to an acceptable standard within the authority delegated to you.
- Comply with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities
- Provide clear communication to our clients and brokers and lead through change
- Operate within the Casualty and Major Risk best practices and underwriting guidelines
- Help the team to achieve the Major Risks Casualty budget and profitability goals by implementing an effective underwriting process.
- Produce new business by working with your broker network to source new opportunities
- Provide excellent service to our brokers and clients through a consistent, timely and proactive approach to underwriting
- Attend client/broker functions when required
- Produce accurate and timely management information for senior management
- Maintain accurate files and adhere to all standards and service level agreements for premium processing, policy issuance and file maintenance
- Mentor and train junior staff through effective role modelling and training programmes.
- Produce files for Self-Audits to the agreed standards
- Maintain focus on industry practices, developments and pricing
- Ensure that all our customers are treated fairly in accordance with American International Group UK Ltd standards and maintain high service levels to both internal and external customers
- Proven underwriting experience in General Liability, Employers Liability and some experience in Motor would be advantageous
- Experience in non-conventional programme structures valuable but not essential
- Risk analysis and technical skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environments
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being part of a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver difficult messages whilst influencing positive outcomes
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to network and build relationships
- Organised, highly motivated, self-starter who takes responsibility for own performance and demonstrates leadership in their approach to work, training and knowledge seeking.
- Customer focused
- Proven ability to work within a team framework, to provide a positive influence to others and to support the team manager as required
- Strong work ethic
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.