• A Senior Treasury Operations Officer in our head office in Swindon• Salary- £30,506-£35,000 a year (dependent on skills and experience) based on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract
Send in your application by 15th November 2019
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working and/or part time/job share.
We are looking for a Treasury Senior Operations Officer to be based within the Settlements and Collateral Management team, within Nationwide's Treasury Department. Treasury is an exciting and demanding area of our business with responsibility for the raising of cash from the wholesale markets to meet the needs of our business. Treasury also invests any surplus monies to maximise returns for our Members, while pro-actively managing all the risks associated with operating in global markets. This is an excellent opportunity to begin your career in Treasury.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll have:
- A good working knowledge of the financial services industry
- An awareness of the role of Treasury
- Experience in an Operations environment
- The ability to manage your own workload in a time critical environment
- Knowledge of payments, trades and financial instruments
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Evidence of being a quick learner
- Ability to adapt to change
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- A passion to build a career in Treasury
- A history of implementing process improvements and streamlining
It would be nice if you also had:
- A background in Settlements and/or Collateral Management
- Prior experience in a Treasury function
What you'll be doing Your job will be in the Operations & Strategic Development team, supporting Treasury in
managing the settlement and confirmation of trades, and to process and validate all collateral
The role requires collaboration with various teams within Treasury, as well as other communities, to ensure the timely resolution of trade discrepancies, and to manage the liquidity of Treasury's nostro accounts. You will ensure that controls are adhered to, and any breaches of limits are reported accordingly.
You will need to be flexible in this role, in order to adapt to ever-changing deadlines, and unforeseen spikes in trade volume and queries. It is essential that you have a positive, resilient attitude, an analytical mind and the people skills to quickly resolve queries with internal and external parties. You should look to find efficiencies in the day to day work, and exploit the Murex system to help streamline and simplify processes
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we'll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there's life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it's a great place to work, and we're not afraid of giving you praise when you've done well.
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
At Nationwide we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.