We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
"Our team is responsible for world class Support within a 24\/7 broadcasting environment. We work with some of the most exciting technologies and have a fantastic team. We are looking for enthusiastic and competent broadcast engineer to join our existing team." -Austin Stansfield, Transmission Support Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Ensure that high quality proactive maintenance and reactive support is provided for the Broadcast Systems on which Sky's business depends. This role is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures.
To provide 1st line support for all areas of Sky's Playout, MCR, NOC and PCC 3rd party and headend.
• Support Osterley playout systems, MCR operational areas.
• Provide technical assistance when required to meet the task deadlines for ongoing planned activities and for unplanned 24\/7 support requirements.
• Ensure that tasks are always coordinated properly for the hand over and hand back of live systems, to verify that systems are fully operational before returning to live use.
• In conjunction with members of the transmission operational teams, plan and execute system upgrades and system improvements.
• Ensure adequate follow up of incidents to prevent repetition of any faults and improve future system availability and team response.
• To maintain coordination and communication with other Content, Broadcast & Production Engineering Engineers to ensure operating procedures and other standards are applied consistently within the department.
• To work closely with change owners and operations teams to ensure changes are implemented correctly without service affecting incident and are documented to supportable standards.
Health and Safety
• Ensure the embedding of Safety Management Systems within the department through its compliance with the expectations and approach of HS (G) 65.
• Promote the importance of good occupational health practices, and general wellbeing at work, and ensure all your staff are aware of the support tools available to them.
• Experience in Transmission broadcast technologies and M&C systems
• Able to work a Flexible AP shift pattern
• Experience in supporting Playout and MCR functions
• Experience with linear video distribution
• Experience in complex audio manipulation including Dolby
• Fundamental understanding of TCP\/IP, UDP, VLANs, Firewalls and Multicast networking
• Excellent communication, teamwork and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent knowledge of the demands of a live broadcast environment
• Experience of managing others
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.