Overview Senior Technology Underwriter
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The insurance companies of Chubb serve multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health, homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage.
With $150 billion in assets and $37 billion of gross written premiums in 2014* on a pro forma basis, Chubb's core operating insurance companies maintain financial strength ratings of AA from Standard & Poor's and A++ from A.M. Best.
Chubb's parent company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
Are you passionate about working for the world's largest property & casualty insurer in the world with excellent employee benefits and offices in 54 countries?
Are you an ambitious and experienced Underwriter with Technology knowledge? If so, we would love to hear from you.
An experienced Multinational Underwriter is required to form a key part of Chubb's London Technology Underwriting Team specialising in Property, Casualty, Cyber and Professional Indemnity for Technology companies. The successful candidate will have responsibility for growth of the Portfolio with key Brokers and Clients, whilst maintaining and developing a portfolio of existing accounts.
- Working closely with the UK&I Technology Manager to drive production opportunities, including devising strategies to achieve the 5-year growth ambitions within Chubb's Industry Practices.
- Financial Goals: To underwrite new business and renewals according to defined underwriting guidelines, specified budget and local business plan.
- Leadership; Demonstrates strong leadership skills in directing and placing business; insured and producer relationships; development of team members in broader understanding of product expertise
- Portfolio Integrity: To assist in formulating underwriting strategy, forecasts and portfolio management in order to achieve underwriting profitability. To ensure quality control within defined area of responsibility by undertaking quantitative underwriting reviews, running regular management meetings and peer reviews.
- Product Development: To prioritise and develop products within area of specialist expertise in order to improve client retention and new business within the Technology arena. This may involve collaborating with peers within and across business divisions in Europe as well as globally.
- Producer Management: To represent and promote Chubb corporately to brokers, internal and external clients. This will involve servicing key producers and Technology clients, monitoring business acquisition and retention as well as maximising cross-selling opportunities.
- Procedures: To meet company standards in respect of policy documentation, timeframe for quoting new and renewal business, peer review and compliance issues.
- Operational Management: To manage junior colleagues by using the Chubb PMP and peer review process as well as providing mentoring, training and coaching where appropriate.
- Chubb Representative: To represent and promote Chubb and maintain a permanent contact with internal colleagues and clients as well as major Technology clients.
- Technical Ability: Provide technical leadership for underwriting/marketing including risk referrals and portfolio management; serves as a resource regarding outstanding coverage needs within the evolving Technology Sector
Knowledge & Experience
- An experienced professional who is recognised externally for their considerable market experience, presence and underwriting background.
- Familiar with developing marketing plans and handling complex multiline accounts
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of Property, Casualty or Financial lines underwriting and continues to develop technical knowledge & skills.
- Experience of underwriting multinational programmes is preferred.
- Significant experience of the London Insurance market and competitors, and of dealing with brokers and clients.
- Possesses broader business skills - communication, organisation, IT, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to cross sell within Chubb and understand the underwriting appetite of other departments to drive growth across the business.
- Results driven with the ability to make own decisions and work on own initiative.
- Experience of leadership, training, mentoring and people development
- ACII qualification preferred but not essential.
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values decide how we live and work. We're an ethical and honest company that's wholly committed to its clients. A business that's engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that's collaborative and encouraging. Diversity & Inclusion.
At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances. Work Location:
London - Leadenhall Job Function:
Underwriting Employment Type:
Join Our Talent Network
We came a long way in a very short space of time.