What's in it for you
About the role
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary.
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted "Gympass" membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health.
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% and 10% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Share Schemes - Join our 'Buy As You Earn' & 'Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service.
- Colleague Discounts: 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period.
- Health screening every 2 years.
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa.
- Cycle to work scheme.
At Tesco we are managing a significant Infrastructure estate across our global data centres and stores which includes server, storage and network.
This role is to lead our Global Distributed Network Programme that is redesigning and redeploying the network to all of our Store, Distribution Centres and Head Offices across the Tesco Group. This network, which we refer to as out 'RWAN' is critical to the future connectivity and will underpin all of our customer and colleague systems that allow our face-paced business to thrive. You will be responsible for
This role will own the end to end delivery of our new RWAN network. The project is currently in the procurement phase, running a significant RFP to source the necessary network services.
You will be accountable to complete the procurement phase, and lead the subsequent planning and delivery of the transformation to roughly 4,000 global locations.
You will need to review the team capability and ensure the correct skillsets are in place to ensure success at each stage throughout the programme. You will need to determine the correct work-streams and ensure that these are being delivered to the baseline plans, budgets and designs.
You will be responsible for the programme funding, and communicate progress to a wide variety of stakeholders across technology and the business.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Initiate and shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Provide expert advice and guidance on programme delivery (mentoring other TPMs and supporting Engineering/Product teams)
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery, using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution*
- Able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- Act on opportunities to adopt trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions*
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Add value to vendor selection processes (tendering, agreeing SLAs, warranty periods, outsourcing)
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership
- Take a leading role in the recruitment process and make final recruitment decisions
- Play an active leadership role in the TPM guild and community - proactively influencing capability and capacity planning for TPMs
*May not be directly related to this role, but generally expected for all STPMs to permit career moves and future development You will need
An ideal candidate will have:
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Experience of large scale network programmes (preferred)
- Experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Excellent communication & influencing skills
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards.
If that sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please get in touch!