You won't just keep up, you'll break new ground.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you're interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here's just some of what you'll be doing:
- Working as part of the developer enablement team
- Support new engineers onboarding into the organization and quickly come up to speed on American Express development lifecycle
- Helping other engineers learn and use modern engineering practices, tools and processes consistently to deploy software
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Interfacing with other teams to drive consistency across organizations
- Supporting the development community to make it great
- Provide feedback "voice of the Engineer" to Enterprise teams providing frameworks and services
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Empathy for the challenges of software development and active interest in overcoming these challenges through software development, training and solution support
- Excellent oral communications with a passion for listening and helping engineers find solutions for their business needs/opportunities
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to work cooperatively with and gain the respect of software developers and influencers
- Ability to give constructive feedback to engineering teams within/outside of EA to increase product adoption
- Past Experience:
Great developer skills (6+ years of software development) with the ability to create and explain software and products. Experience with modern engineering stacks and CI/CD tooling
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on [email protected]