Senior Software Engineer If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advancedengineering technologies. We improve lives and further human achievementsworldwide, while also protect the climate - all thanks to our employees.Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally andprofessionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefitssociety and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
Our Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) team at Siemens are currentlylooking for a Software Developer to join our forward-thinkingenergetic business. This is an exciting opportunity to work within themobility industry, where we transform and digitalize the way the UK commutes,with the aim to make more efficient 'smart cities' globally.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on our industry leadingEnforcement Systems, including Congestion Charging, Low Emission Zones forcities, Road Tolling and Intelligent Traffic management Systems (ITS).
We are continually developing new and exciting sets of products, this isa genuine opportunity for you to work on green-field projects. You will be ableto influence the processes that the development team will follow in order toproduce reliable, scalable solutions.
We are interested in Software Developers at all levels of development ifyou are interested in working for a global leader please get in touch. Who are we looking for?
You should have a number of these attributes
- We are looking for an individual who can see projects from inception to delivery, with experience developing systems that include both software and hardware elements.
- The ideal candidate will show a passion for software development, working at every level from individual microservices through to end to end systems.
- You will enjoy making a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct the future of Siemens.
- You will be educated to degree level or be able to show equivalent experience. You will be a self-starter with the ability to understand user requirements or system interface definitions, and develop reliable, provable solutions. We are looking for someone who will question and continuously improve our methodologies according to the changing business needs
Here are some of the technologies that our developers use in oursolutions:
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the entire project life-cycle, from working with product owners to clarify requirements, constructing solution designs, implementing appropriate solutions and proving them through test automation at every phase of development
- Exposure of working in an Agile environment, ability to work flexibly to meet challenging, customer driven deadlines
- Be able to contribute to the solutions architecture and liaise with the wider team on key decisions
- Demonstrate technical leadership in software engineering
- Effectively work together with Agile team members including product owners, DevOps, business analysts and developers to ensure all features and User stories are delivered within an iterative framework
- The ability to take ownership and strive to deliver the software projects with positive energy and a strong desire to succeed
- Java / Spring Framework / J2EE
- Web front ends using ASP.NET and Node.js
- RDBMS Systems (MSSQL and MySQL)
- Messaging services (e.g. ActiveMQ)
- Cache Systems (e.g Infinispan)
- Windows Server and Linux
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who areall making the future and you could be one of them. We have officesacross the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the todayand work towards a brighter tomorrow. Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here atSiemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helpingus make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best ofyour ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will bein contact as soon as possible with an update on your application. What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous basesalary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is thesame, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor yourbenefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That'swhy we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity andcreate what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to thesuccess of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diversetalent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements andworkplace adjustments with our applicants to encourage agile working andinnovation. Job ID:
SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITEDExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: