Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and been amazed at how fast you receive it? Every day, Amazon engineers are relentlessly working to decrease the time between clicking and delivery for our customers. The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) organization owns all of the software and infrastructure that powers Amazon's world-class fulfillment centers, including the fundamental data and services that drive our catalog and inventory systems. These systems underlie everything we do - tens of millions of items in the catalog, hundreds of millions of items of inventory, and billions of transactions each year!
AFT is at the forefront of combining HCD, technology, process optimizations, workflow models, sensors etc. to solve complex operational and fulfillment problems. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, optimization techniques, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low latency, high availability services.
The AFT EU team is looking for highly talented software engineers to help build fast, scalable systems. If you are a strong software engineer with a wide range of skills and interests then we want to talk to you.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to build new software from the ground up, create pragmatic solutions for complex business problems, enjoy working closely with operations staff to optimize physical processes, and be willing to occasionally travel to Amazon fulfillment centers around the world. If you are a strong software engineer with a wide range of skills and interests then we want to talk to you.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with linear math optimization systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.