Jacobs Nuclear is recruiting for Senior Mathematical Modelling Consultants to be based in our offices in Harwell, Oxfordshire. About Jacobs Nuclear:
Jacob's nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment Jacobs is a leading supplier of scientific consultancy and engineering services to the UK and overseas radioactive waste management organisations.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated candidate to be a consultant/mathematical modeller, to work on a diverse range of projects.
The successful applicant will be expected to work at our office at Harwell in Oxfordshire and will be part of a multi-disciplinary team (including geologists, chemists, physicists and mathematicians) to deliver a range of projects on behalf of customers such as RWM Ltd, NDA, LLWR Ltd, Magnox Ltd, Sellafield Ltd, as well as a number of other international waste management organisations.
The team at Harwell has led the field of research and assessment work related to the safe disposal of radioactive waste, for over 30 years. They have a wide breath of both national and internationally respected expertise to provide consultancy, modelling and laboratory studies to underpin the science, technology and engineering to allow the safe disposal of radioactive waste. Key to maintaining our international credibility is our world leading ConnectFlow Software. This has maintained its prominent position for over 30 years.
You will play a pivotal role in the management of ConnectFlow. Key Responsibilities of the role:
As Senior Software Development and Modelling Consultant, you will be involved in delivering an exciting and diverse range of desk-based consultancy projects undertaken for our customers in the UK and overseas. Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Software Manager for ConnectFlow, Jacob's leading hydrogeological and solute transport modelling tool.
- Taking a leading role in the broader software selling of ConnectFlow.
- Managing projects involving the delivery of ConnectFlow and other tools.
- Leading the production of concise and well-written technical reports and presentation of results to customers.
- Excellent project management skills - with a proven ability to manage projects, especially in the management of legacy software
- The role requires an understanding of the underlying requirements of our customers, and how we can meet those requirements.
- A track record of leading the production of successful, competitive proposals.
- Potential to manage and mentor a small team.
- A proven track record of software development of hydrogeological modelling tools, like ConnectFlow.
- A proven track-record of the management and delivery of other legacy tools.
- Well-developed software skills.
- A proven track-record of writing clear reports and winning proposals.