Company DescriptionWe're changing it up
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain's potential. Together, we're achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That's why we've created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We're changing up Britain and we're changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK. A rewarding career
We're passionate about our work and we're passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £70,000
depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you'll also enjoy benefits like 25 days' holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.How can you change it up?
The Senior Software Developer will work alone and occasionally within a squad, undertaking development work and providing technical support. You will be recommending solutions that will meet the business requirements, identifying the best one that fits with the departments architectural pattern. You will have to learn and adapt quickly so that you will become an expert of the code base of the company, providing recommendations that improves the stability, performance and scalability of the code base. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
What will you bring to the role?
- Researching and implementing new technologies to resolve business requirements and presenting these new technologies to the department.
- Mentoring junior members in the department, providing technical advice and will be sought out as a technical expert and role model within the squad and department.
- Setting and tuning application monitoring to ensure that issues with applications are caught and resolved in a timely manner.
As an experienced Software Developer, you'll have worked professionally with GNU/Linux systems for at least 5 years. You need to have excellent understanding of PHPUnit and the importance of Unit testing. You'll need experience with database systems such as MySQL, REDIS, or DynamoDB and have worked with Git as a version control system. You will also have a solid understanding of mark up languages such as HTML and XML, as well as be experienced in integrating with RESTful or SOAP API's.
Any experience in the following will be ideal:
Our unique culture
- Event Driven Architecture or Microservices
- Test Driven Development
- Working on an Agile team, or the Kanban framework
- Frameworks such as Django, Flask and Symfony
- Salesforce CRM system
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we're united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we're passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together. Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development under GNU / Linux systems
- Experience with database systems such as MySQL and Oracle, including database API's such as SQLAlchemy, PDO etc.
- Experience in creating or at least integrating with RESTful or SOAP APIs
- Solid understanding of mark-up languages such as HTML, XML and JSON
- Excellent understanding of PHPUnit and the importance of Unit testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Able to work in a team setting
- Ability to mentor junior developers with empathy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent communication and written skills, with the ability to be able to interpret non-technical requirements and provide solutions
- Exposure to Salesforce CRM system and its underlying Apex language
- Exposure to other programming languages: C/C++, Java, Ruby, Bash
- Exposure to frameworks such as Symfony, Django, Flask, Zato, Ruby on Rails
- Collecting and reporting on application metrics
- Cloud application deployment e.g. Amazon EC2
- Knowledge of Microservices/ Event Driven Architecture and related design patterns
- Experience with Serverless Functions
- Experience at working within Kanban process
- Experience using Vue.js
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Understanding of TCP/IP at an application level as well as at a socket level on the client and server side would also be advantageous
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.