BBC Design & Engineering delivers products, platforms and services globally, supporting the BBC's digital transformation and helping to change the Corporation into an internet fit broadcaster. Its ambition is to be one of the most exciting technology groups for any media company in the world.
The Division consists of the Infrastructure, Services, Operations and Commercial (ISOC) Group with responsibility for the BBC products, platforms and services that provide the operating environment for the BBC including control rooms, support infrastructure and device/OS technology.
As the role holder you will be part of the Service Information and Support Team, with specific responsibilities for the areas that are covered by the Service Support Team. The team is responsible for internal support and governance of BBC's ITSM toolset and related processes. Area covers management of: IT Request Catalogue, Remedy enhancement/development activities, and design and governance of related support processes. This role will involve close collaboration with the Remedy Product Owner, Service Assurance Manager, Remedy Architect, and the Commercial team.
As a Senior Service Support Manager (Tooling and Process), you will:
- Be part of a team that is responsible for a consistent approach to ITSM toolset management, which covers maintenance, improvements, and governance of ITSM toolset as well as support processes
- Scope of the role covers: maintenance, improvements, and governance of Knowledge management, IT Requests portal, and daily management of Remedy Enhancements (development) requests backlog
- Be responsible for planning, development, documentation and overall management of the IT Service Request Catalogue
- Be responsible for the governance of Remedy operational activities such as management of Remedy development backlog, supporting Remedy Upgrade, testing new requests etc…
- Help to coordinate Remedy related development activities via third party suppliers
- Work with projects and BAU Teams across the BBC to complete designs for Service Requests, and associated workflows
- Be a point of escalation for Remedy related operational queries
- Carry out updates to Service Requests directly within the Remedy Toolset
- Build and Maintain relationships with Product Owners to ensure that their requirements continue to be reflected in the IT Request Catalogue
- Proactively drive improvements, including capturing and acting on stakeholder feedback
- Responsible for Remedy support processes and policies and reviewing them regularly against industry benchmarks and best practices
- Responsible for auditing support processes to assure consistent standards and regular reviews by the accountable owners for accuracy, relevance, and use
- Promotes and champions the culture of self service and expands it to the new business areas
- Monitors and reacts to relevant end user feedback in relation to new services ( Knowledge management, My IT Catalogue)
- Responsible for the sign off and governance of the service support processes that will assure consistency and maintenance of service support data in the Remedy on Demand tooling system
- Responsible for process governance function in the management of Incident SLA's, OLA's, reporting and auditing
- Responsible for compiling ad-hoc reports
- Instigate and engage wider stakeholder groups in regards to process related continual service improvement initiatives
Are you the right candidate?
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Service Management experience in a complex/ large scale internal and external environment
- Experience of using Remedy ITSM toolset (Knowledge management, Digital Workplace, Incident Management, Smart Reporting) would be highly advantageous
- Proven ability to manage range of stakeholders and deal with queries from variety of areas appropriately
- Experience in designing, standardising, implementing, and governing processes and policies
- Experience in gathering, analysing and auditing data as well as producing reports from a number of sources back to the business
- Experience of managing and enhancing Service Request Catalogue would be highly advantageous
- Ability to prioritise stakeholder requests by assessing business benefits against technical complexity and operational risks
- Ability to take the lead, working independently or leading a small working group to drive the progression from business problem to resolution
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing demands and priorities
- Proven ability to manage a range of stakeholders and deal with escalations from a variety of areas appropriately
- Experience in supplier management; good knowledge of EICTH contract as well as contractual CMO and FMO deliverables
- ITIL v3 Intermediate
- Effective communicator skills both verbally and in writing and ability to target content for the audience
- Proven problem solving skills; ability to gather evidence and make recommendations to enable effective decision making.
- Able to travel to Nation, Regions, and other campus office
Contract type: Permanent contract
Location: Salford We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here