The purpose of this role is to ensure that the overall performance of SAP Procurement applications meets business requirements. The role will provide detailed system expertise, technical support and knowledge to both service delivery and business change functions ensuring dependencies and relationships between all associated systems are understood, maintained and can be communicated effectively to relevant stakeholders.Systems Management -
Be the systems specialist for Procurement modules of SAP SRM and other Procurement related Systems.
Lead on requirements gathering with the business process owners and stakeholders, analyse and present solution options that align with BBC Engineering strategies.
Work with the Systems Owner to ensure system performance (KPI's) are continuously improved, inputting into the systems roadmap, identifying risks and providing risk mitigations.System Architecture:
Responsible for ensuring systems design and architecture is fit for purpose, including disaster recovery architecture. Project Engagement -
Responsible for providing technical consultancy to project delivery and development teams, procurement, service design and change management teams
Responsible for providing technical expertise to project teams throughout the lifecycle of a project
Working with project & service delivery teams responsible for the commissioning and acceptance ensuring new installations/services are fit for purpose, supportable, and are built against agreed specification and installation standardsChange, Configuration and release management -
Responsible for minor/major software and hardware upgrades, ensuring that change management procedures are followed working alongside the teams responsible for UAT, testing and deployment of upgrades into the production environment.Incident Management -
Responsible for the resolution of escalated incidents from frontline support teams and assisting with the command & control for major incident and service outages.Problem Management -
Responsible for Problem Management for systems assigned, ensuring that known issues and workarounds are documented and input into a Known Error Database.Non Functional Requirements
- Responsible for ensuring systems align with BBC's non-functional requirements including accessibility, performance, disaster recovery and security.
Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with current safety legislation and BBC safety policies, security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the task.Knowledge Management -
Responsible for the production of technical documentation, ensuring quality and accuracy
Responsible for assessing and inputting into the design and delivery of training for systems under ownership ensuring support teams can be appropriately trained3 rd Party Suppliers -
Responsible for building effective relationships with system vendors to ensure that reported incidents and problems are resolved within agreed resolution times set in service contracts
Are you the right candidate?
- Detailed Knowledge of SAP MM/SRM/ UI5/ Ariba including Product Categories, Shopping Carts, MDG
- Detailed Knowledge of Opentext VIM
- Detailed Integration Knowledge with SAP Finance/BW
- Experience in managing a complex technical systems/environment
- Experienced in managing conflicting demands in situations of pressure where priorities are rapidly changing
- Experience of having to communicate clearly with a range of people at different levels of the organisation and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques
- Authoritative knowledge of security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the role
- Experience in working with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of providing a high quality service in a demanding customer service environment
Grade 9 (Proposed Band D)
Based - London W12 We're happy to discuss flexible and part time working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible or part time 20-35 hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
The BBC Job Title for this is Principal Systems Engineer, please see the appendix on the JD for full details about the role.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You'll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.