The Risk, Assurance & Governance (RAG) team is a central team that supports and enables a strong risk and assurance culture within the Chief Digital & Information Officer (CDIO) delivery group of HMRC. The role supports the delivery of risk, assurance and governance services to CDIO, including commitments to HMRC on behalf of the Director General, complying with National Audit Office (NAO), Internal Audit (IA) and HMRC corporate governance requirements. The role provides good opportunities to collaborate and build relationships across CDIO business and HMRC risk, audit and governance communities.
Leadership and Management
- Manage and develop the Risk & Assurance partners - Apply leadership skills to support the RAG team to maintain an in-depth knowledge of CDIO and Directorate business and to use that knowledge to challenge and improve CDIO business risk and audit management - Fulfil delegated duties of the Heads of Risk, Assurance & Governance as required
- Develop and maintain risk and assurance frameworks and ensure alignment with Corporate Risk Management policy and standards. - Ensure that Departmental Risk & Issue Reporting requirements are met for CDIO-owned risks;
- Provide detailed business analysis of risks and issues to understand, challenge & improve CDIO management of risks and cross-cutting departmental risks; - Deliver business ana...
Before you apply, we encourage you to learn more about HM Revenue & Customs
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.
- Deliver business analysis of risks and audit recommendations to inform Risk & Assurance Board reviews and decisions; - Deliver a source of central expertise to CDIO to respond to business commissions and pro-actively drive improvements to the maturity of CDIO risk, assurance & governance practices; - Lead and develop a network of CDIO risk champions and practitioners to promote best practice in CDIO; - Integrate risk and assurance into the planning, performance and financial management processes owned by CDIO Finance; - Deliver a framework of risk and assurance education to meet the development plans and requirements of network groups and CDIO leaders and staff; - Undertake horizon scans and scenario analysis to understand the potential impact of risks and inform continuous planning activity.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Audit and Assurance teams - Maintain control and assurance frameworks - Develop and implement a continuous improvement process for Audit Management across CDIO.
- Strong influencing skills / collaborating and partnering - Experience of risk management - Experience of working in a customer focused environment (internal or external)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders - Experience or understanding of internal and external audit processes - Risk qualification (e.g. Management of Risk Foundation or Practitioner)
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
If you are applying for a role in an office within a regional centre location or a transitional or specialist site, then the following may apply: Daily Travel Assistance will be available for this role, provided the successful applicant is a current HMRC employee and meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the department's Daily Travel Assistance guidance.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks .
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules .
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Strengths and Experience.
Applications will be sifted on Experience, CV & Personal Statement
Interview will be strength based in line with Success Profiles Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.