At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Reviewing, processing and notifying Early Warning Notices (EWNs) for all Engineer's Orders (EOs) in CEMAR
2. Tracking responses from Client, reviewing and agreeing contract position with OneAIM Engineer and raise Compensation Event (CE) where appropriate;
3. Reviewing, processing and notifying CEs in CEMAR for all EOs
4. Compiling CE quotations for all EOs and issue in CEMAR recognising contractual time limitations to do so
5. Ensuring all Project Manager's Instructions (PMIs) are priced and prices submitted in CEMAR. In liaison with PMs/Engineers
6. Reviewing, processing and notifying Technical Queries (TQs) in CEMAR for all EOs. Reviewing Client responses and submitting CEs where appropriate
7. Ensuring instructions are in place prior to any work being allowed to commence
8. Responding to any Client queries relating to submitted CEs and agree and close out CE values with Clients QSs
9. Receiving CEs from subcontractors and identifying those to be subject to onward transmission to Client. Submit in CEMAR
10. Providing information to assist in the placement of subcontracts and ensure back-to-back arrangements are in place particularly in relation to change control
11. Preparing for and attending periodic progress meetings, project opening up meetings, etc., where Commercial presence is required
12. Regularly reviewing physical progress on the site by fortnightly plant walk-downs. Involving Client Commercial representatives to gain a consistent understanding of the status of work completion
13. Preparing interim, draft final and final applications for payment including necessary accruals to period end and highlighting any earned value, reimbursement for which cannot be sought due to the terms of payment. This is shown as Value of Work Done (VOWD)
14. Reviewing incoming general correspondence within CEMAR and action as appropriate
15. Establishing and maintaining PMI Tracker to record receipt, status, etc., of all incoming PMIs
16. Ensuring that all planning schedules are up to date in sufficient time to meet the Client's reporting period end-dates and that they, as accurately as possible, accrue progress up to such period end-date
17. Receiving Earned Value Reports for each live EO and assess these against the applied for values
18. Comparing achieved versus forecast SPI, CPI and earned value figures and report on any significant variances
19. Liaising with the Planning Department to assure commonality in the employment of available records
20. Liaising with the Project Controls Department to provide the Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) for incorporation in the periodic reports and making provision in forecast EAC calculations for known additional scope which has not yet been agreed
21. Attending periodic application reviews with Client and responding to Client generated challenges
22. Providing support/advice to the Estimating, Risk Allocation and Planning functions
23. Reporting on periodic Work in Progress status
24. Providing information to assist in assessing KPI performance
Undertaking individual reporting requirements for the relevant "home" Joint Venture partner.Essential
HNC/HND with experience
Quantity Surveyor Degree
Our Culture (standard Txt, must be included)
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.