Description Senior Quantity Surveyor
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians and one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. Job Description
Our Nuclear team is looking for an experienced quantity surveyor to work as part of the commercial team supporting the Project Manager in the development and delivery of projects across the Magnox sites adopting established processes and systems to enable the delivery of projects under the NEC form of contract.
- Deliver an effective cost estimating service to Project Managers and Function Lead (Cost) \t
- To participate in project reviews and audits and conduct self-assessments of the Cost Estimating arrangements to ensure compliance is achieved with company procedures; \t
- Develop initial Cost Breakdown structure (CBS), support the development of the WBS and ensure alignment between them \t
- Provide estimates for all stages of a project life cycle (Baseline proposals, sanction requests etc.) using relevant standard method of measurement (NRM2, SMM7, CESMM3 etc.) \t
- Develop cost estimates based on norms, parametric or bottom up, dependent upon the Project phase of maturity and scope of work \t
- Develop a Basis of Estimate for all scope estimated ensuring all qualifications, exclusions and assumptions are captured \t
- Support the Estimating Uncertainty review with the Project team, review and input into discrete risk assessment and support and review the Risk modelling \t
- Assess Estimate classification and include justification \t
- Load estimating data into relevant systems and use the estimating and data systems in line with company standards \t
- Take lessons learned from internal and external data sources in support of cost estimate establishment \t
- Develop, input into and maintain the cost database for corporate knowledge and feed back into the company norms \t
- Act as independent verifier for cost estimates, provide comprehensive findings and support the project team in improving estimates \t
- Involvement in tender assessment through developing pre tender estimates, assessment of tenders to ensure alignment between cost and cope and value for money \t
- Quantify cost implications of emergent / additional project work and feed into relevant documentation (e.g. change control documentation); \t
- Support post contract administration through review and assessment of Compensation Events and Early Warnings, Final account and perform Defined Cost Audits \t
- Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc. \t
- Assist Magnox Function Leads with delivery of training, mentoring and support to colleagues \t
- If and when there is a change the decommissioning strategy and new technologies need to be introduced to the business; the site / programme baselines will need re-estimating, where applicable. \t
- Prepare Business Case information for presentation to NDA / Magnox for Sanctioning and Validation \t
- Attend sanctioning panel meetings in support of Project Managers \t
- Quantify cost implications of emergent / additional project work and prepare relevant documentation (e.g. change control documentation) \t
- Seek out and analyse relevant current and historical data to support robust cost estimating of activities \t
- Participate in Independent Cost Estimate (ICE) reviews \t
- Analyse outcomes from reviews, manage and implement actions arising \t
- Request internal estimating peer reviews of project base estimates \t
- Prepare estimating data into relevant formats for loading into Magnox systems Check and review cost loaded schedules on completion \t
- Participate in audits \t
- Provision of knowledge transfer and training and development of Magnox staff from the framework. The duties/responsibilities defined above may be supplemented by further duties as defined by the relevant Functional Lead.
\t Why Arcadis?
- Experience working as a Cost Engineer/Quantity Surveyor in the Nuclear/Energy/Utilities/Infrastructure sector \t
- Attainment of OR near attainment of relevant professional certification or chartered status \t
- In-depth technical knowledge of specialised field, including construction processes and cost and commercial management
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- NEC Contract experience \t
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline