Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors. What you'll be doing:
You will be embedded within a cross-functional, Agile Engineering team and be present during all Agile activities, including sprint planning. You will be working closely with the Product Manager and Engineers during 3-amigo sessions to refine the user stories, write test scenarios, provide estimates, and ensure that the acceptance criteria are well defined.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be the quality expert within the team and will coach and champion a Shift-left, test-first mindset during design and story breakdown, as well as weighing in on testing strategies and providing guidance and coaching within your agile team and the wider engineering community.
You will perform hands-on exploratory testing and support your team across the full software development lifecycle from requirements to release. Currently, our Engineers use WebdriverIO to automate tests, Postman to test APIs, and Jest for unit and integration testing. What we need from you:
- Experience in representing quality in an Agile environment is crucial. You should be able to describe your input to Agile ceremonies and the entire SDLC in past roles as well as how you have helped to shape a test-first mentality.
- Experience working with requirements from a member of a Product team, and collaboratively documented acceptance criteria and test scenarios.
- Familiarity of exploratory testing new features and changes in products. You must be able to describe an interesting and unexpected issue that you have discovered through exploratory testing.
- You need to be conversant on differing levels of technical expertise, such as nontechnical discussions with Product Design or technical conversations with fellow Engineers and be able to push back respectfully where you feel it is necessary.
- Experience updating or evangelising a test strategy, as well as being able to give examples of methods or tooling that you helped to implement to improve efficiency and quality.
- We value Quality Engineers who share our growth mindset and are eager to learn! We'd love for you to describe the steps you recently took to proactively learn a new skill or tool.
We understand that your time is in demand and as such keep our interview process as quick and painless as possible, outlining all timeframes in advance for you to plan around.
The interview process will begin with a preliminary phone call with our Talent Acquisition team, followed by 3, 1-hour video interviews, taking the following format:
- Technical exercise around exploratory testing
- Technical Q&A with your future peers
- Values-led interview with a mixed panel
Following this, we will aim to give you a decision - and hopefully an offer - within 24 hours.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility in our interviews. From a physical disability standpoint, we have ensured our office is accessible but please do let us know if you have any issues or requests.
Similarly, we want to ensure neurodiverse candidates feel confident and comfortable with our interview process but appreciate there is not a 'one size fits all' approach to this. As such, please do let us know if you need any changes made to the interview process to accommodate yourself well.
All interviewers have had formal interview training, as well as training around unconscious bias. Useful information:
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Our London home is next to Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.