We are currentlyrecruiting for a Pursuits Manager to join our Rail business based in York. The PursuitManager will work with the Rail North East team based in York to produce, plan,and deliver winning bids in a cost-effective manner. The Pursuits Manager willbe an integral part of our Market to Opportunity and Pursuit to Win team withinthe business unit and the wider rail community. AboutArcadis:
Arcadis is theleading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets.Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy,engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with ourclients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout thelifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active inover 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitatwith knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growingcities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
The railway sector is one of our core markets, a position it has heldthroughout our history. We pride ourselves on delivering new and excitingresolutions for rail infrastructure design and construction schemes.The Role:
Your mainresponsibilities will include the following:
- Lead the Bid team atkey stages of individual tender projects, developing the bid programme,aligning resources to deliver the bid and coordinating the production ofquality and commercial submission
- Raising the company'sprofile via exceptional quality pre-qualification questionnaires and tendersubmissions.
- Management of assignedbid budgets and any required tender design processes to budget
- Experience in analysingbid invitations, diagnosing key issues & risks, and identifying the bid wincriteria
- Leading the collationand development of Bid Collateral and Business Development material supportingthe Rail North East Account Leadership team.
- Ensure that theend-to-end bid process is followed as well as adherence to all necessary bidprocedures and governance.
- Works with the bid teamto develop a clear bid win strategy and bid storyboard, and ensures win themesare client outcome focussed and included into the bid responses
- Manage responses fromthe technical teams and ensures that the final technical submission and pricingsubmission is in a common style in compliance with the bid strategy
- Develops and implementsbid programmes and plans, ensuring all contributors deliver on time and toquality whilst keeping them informed and motivated
This rolerequires an ability to influence, organise, work under pressure and tochallenging deadlines. The successful candidate will have strong deliveryskills. Therefore, we expect any candidate to excel at the following:
- A real self-starterwith personal drive and desire to win, with the ability to support this culturewithin a team
- Organized withexcellent communication skills
- Have a solid technicalbackground
- Fantastic people skillsto develop relationships
- Ability to put togetherthe content for successful pre-qualifications and tenders
- Commitment toexcellence
- Diligent with a strongattention to detail
- Ability to multi-taskand prioritise work load with minimal supervision
- Communicating withconfidence
- Confident with IT,excelling in Microsoft products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc) andpublishing software such as InDesign
AtArcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you.Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And,as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, tounderstand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you needto achieve your ambitions.
Whereveryou join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includesan attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and beingpart of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and anemployee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join yourrelevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexibleworking and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse peoplewith different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heartof how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people acrosssix ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilledworkforce is essential to our success.
The Pursuits Manager Role will preferably be an individualwith a demonstrable track record in supporting winning bids and strategieswithin the Rail sector. Ideally the individual will be degree qualified orequivalent and have a background in project and pursuit management and a trackrecord for winning work. Experience of working in a team and participating inkey review meetings with senior members of an organisation.