BBC Design + Engineering provides the foundations for broadcasting - we keep the BBC's services on-air 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That means everything from transmission for TV and radio - enabling us to reach 97% of adults in the UK every week including the cameras, mixing desks, email and business systems for our world-class programme makers and staff.
Working here means you'll be part of something genuinely special. We're different from other broadcasters. We're funded by the licence fee and guided by a unique set of principles and values. People know us and are passionate about what we do. You'll also be involved in things that are enjoyed by millions.
Manages one or more projects, or leads a workstream within a programme, or works on iterative improvements as part of a product lifecycle. Responsible for the delivery of its outcome, using an appropriate approach (e.g. iterative and incremental, sequential) suitable to the characteristics of the change, for which typical indicators at this level are:
- A repeatable project framework, delivering a known outcome or target;
- A duration of approx. 12+ months, or autonomous delivery of a series of outcomes within a product environment;
- Multiple stakeholders, and financial or allocated staff responsibility equivalent to a budget of up to c£10m, and a staffing level of 8+ (including third parties).
Are you the right candidate?
Responsibility for technical projects across the various product groups in Business Systems - Finance, Procurement, HR, Learning and Scheduling.
- Experience of managing SAP infrastructure oriented projects is essential , preferably in a mixed on-premise /cloud environment
- Experience of close working with a strategic technical architecture governance group
- Experience of matrix-management across both internal and third party teams to deliver complex technical projects.
- Experience of working with off-shore delivery partners
- Understanding of Information Security and GDPR and meeting compliance requirements
- Experience of working in an organization using ITIL
- A proven track record across all phases of the IT project delivery lifecycle
- An understanding of procurement and tendering processes
- An understanding of finance processes and reporting
- Breath of experience across a range of technical implementation projects
Based London W12
Salary Band D
Permanent / Continuing role
We encourage flexible working, although it may not be possible for every role. There is no obligation to raise flexible working or part time requests at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and responsibilities, and to work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house training Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a comprehensive salary package, a flexible 20-35 hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You'll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Flexible and part-time options are available'
We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible working week for work-life balance and offer a range of flexible working options.