If you enjoy working in an agile, creative and innovative environment where data is at the core of everything we do, this is the ideal role for you.
This is an opportunity to help develop and shape the BBCs journey into machine learning and data science. Working with the Datalab team, the Senior Agile Project Manager has responsibility for defining and delivering new capability across our products and platform.
The post-holder will be responsible for making a significant contribution to the achievement of the Datalab teams objectives. Specifically, this will include:
- Being an advocate for agile and lean practices at all levels. Using a variety of agile and lean tools and techniques in order to help the team keep a delivery and learning cadence that helps to remain focused on delivering value against the product vision.They will know which techniques to try out, any how to make sure the team are getting the most out of being agile.
- Working to facilitate constructive discussion and debate amongst other members of the Datalab team and beyond to ensure progress towards objectives and goals.
- Championing the Agile Project Management at all levels within the business, advocating the value the discipline can bring to specific situations.
- Alignment of delivery with other disciplines, such as Data Science, Engineering, Product, UX and Business Analysis.
- Ensuring high performance and diversity while operating in a complex matrix management system.
- Ensuring that project benefits and metrics are evaluated and documented.
The Senior Project Manager reports to Executive Product Manager
The Datalab senior project manager will be concerned with the health and happiness of the team members and how they work together. They will encourage and motivate the team and protect them from external distractions and politics so they are able to focus on what they are best at.
The right candidate will know that a happy team will produce the most amazing work, they will be skilled at building trust, managing team dynamics and motivating people.
Are you the right candidate?
- Extensive relevant experience working on projects/programmes, and a substantial period (s) of managing projects to successful outcomes, leading teams, planning, problem solving, progress monitoring, managing risk, and budget or resource responsibility.
- Working knowledge of the project lifecycle, products, techniques and methodologies and approaches and the understanding of how to best apply to the situation.
- Excellent and well-practiced communication (verbal, written, listening), inter-personal and influencing skills with the ability to bridge specialism and business through user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively deal with difficult stakeholders, navigate ambiguous, changeable, and complex environments and achieve desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and procedures relevant for the domain e.g., procurement, contract management, environment, and health and safety.
- Demonstrable professional development with a recognised project management qualification or equivalent experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including MS Project and MS Powerpoint, and experience in manipulating data to make it meaningful for different audiences.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London Were happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC whether thats to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here