About Jacobs Nuclear & PPP:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services.
Jacobs Nuclear provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Senior Project Engineering Manager to support a key project within the nuclear business. T
he Senior Engineering Manager position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team which will be directly responsible for change in a highly-regulated industry, which will invest up to £7bn over the next two decades. The role will appeal to individuals who are seeking an opportunity to lead the Engineering and Design of a major UK organisation through a truly transformational period in its history, making it, and the strategic assets for which it is accountable and responsible, fit for our generation, and those of the future.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accountable for the delivery performance of design and engineering of projects in complex, highly regulated industry
- Responsibility for the relationship and integration with external partners within specific projects.
- Leading project teams with Wood, customer and sub-contract organisations
- Responsible to the Programme Director for the delivery and financial return of the project.
- Through interface with the internal/external stakeholders and Jacobs commercial support, ensuring the delivery approach is consistent with the contract form and that Jacobs commercial interests are protected within the contract delivery.
Responsible for Transformation of engineering delivery:
- Management of the delivery of Jacobs Engineering Design Integrity Workflows. - Developing and implementing the More for Less strategy for specific project in order to achieve double digit cost percentage savings on project outturn costs based on approved detailed design baselines.
- Developing and implementing the Safety by Design strategy for specific project. - Developing and implementing the engineering execution strategy, including manhour estimates (eg CTRs)
- Delivery of all Engineering & Technical deliverables
- Identification of standards and specifications applicable to the project
- Progressing and reporting
- Engineering coordination across disciplines
- Performing appropriate engineering reviews
- Identifying and requesting appropriate engineering & technical resources (people)
- Approval of all engineering and technical scope changes
- Overall management and coordination of engineering team on the project.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
The role will be Warrington and Sellafield based and thus frequent travel to Sellafield will be required. A base in Cumbria with regular travel to Warrington is also practicable.
- Experience of major engineering delivery on EPC projects
- Experience in collaborative business relationships including with customers and in leading engineering projects for joint ventures.
- High degree of commercial acumen and experience.
- Mobilising/recruiting mutli-discipline engineering design teams
- Producing and implement engineering project execution plans
- Setting up Engineering project procedures and processes
- Developing and implementing design assurance plans
- Producing large engineering design manhour estimates
- Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain
- Managing cost and schedule performance of large design teams
- General knowledge of key cross industry regulations and standards e.g. CDM, PED, IEC61511, DSEAR, ASME, API, EN
- Managing workshare with HVEC other design offices
- Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, commissioning phases
- Knowledge of export control compliance regulations
- Operated as an Senior Engineering Manager on a major O&G project.
- Introduced new methods of optimising engineering performance. Value Engineering, More4Less, High Value Engineering Centres, etc.
- Expert on Enterprise Engineering Software: Aveva or Equivalent
- Sound knowledge of 21st Century Tools and the implementation of Digitisation initiatives.