Please note this role can be based either in London, Berlin or Madrid
We are Amazon: we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Today, we're a Fortune 500 company with a global presence and a household name. We're also rapidly expanding, and to help facilitate this exciting period of growth, we're seeking an organised and committed Workforce Staffing Specialist to join our EU GSF team. At Amazon, we all operate according to a core set of Leadership Principles, which you'll need to embrace. Hire and Develop the Best is crucial among them: it means that we strive to raise the performance bar with every hire and promotion. We're confident that this outlines our commitment to protecting and developing the organisational culture we've worked so hard to build.
Our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our customer focus, innovative technologies, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers. If you're excited by the opportunity to accelerate our growth through building the workforce staffing (WFS) models of the future this is the role for you. You will solve some hard problem using creative application of latest recruitment and HR technology, driving standardization and building efficiencies of scale.
In this role as an EU GSF WFS Program Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading HR standardization projects and programs on behalf of the EU Global Specialty Fulfilment (GSF) network. GSF includes well-known customer brands such as Amazon Prime Now, Fresh, Pantry and Treasure Truck. This role will play a key role to defining and developing the EU GSF HR Central Ops team from the ground up. This central team will support country GSF HR and Ops teams in 5 EU countries (UK, Germany, Spain, France & Italy).
Programs managed will include the GSF EU WFS standardization, workforce strategy, new high volume hiring initiatives, new business launches, HR tech and automation. You will show due diligence, planning and execution on behalf of Amazon's EU GSF HR team. You will build exceptional relationships with other HR and Operational teams across the EU to ensure that the decisions made support business goals and align to the EU GSF HR agenda. A good understanding of HR would be an advantage; however, you must have a keen eye for continuous improvement and process mapping, and will lead programs that work towards process efficiency, automation and improved performance and impact.
EU GSF HR is an exciting, fast-paced, challenging yet rewarding environment so you will need to be able to manage multiple concurrent programs, be happy working at both the strategic and tactical level, and build effective partnerships across the HR organization and beyond.
While program/projects management experience is required. You will definitely have both a passion for and a track record of high volume hiring, process improvement, balancing competing priorities and thinking creatively to solve complex problems with innovative ideas. HR experience is preferable but not a must have. This role will be based in the UK, but some travel will be an important part of the role, since you will support EU projects/stakeholders.
• You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of Workforce Staffing (WFS) within GSF EU operations.
• Identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our EU Workforce Staffing, and delivery to our clients and customers
• Establish and help to maintain agency working relationships across all parties. Monitor and ensure each agency meet agreed service level agreements and are compliant with EU directives in relation to Amazon Agency Associates.
• Prepare the analysis summary of project opportunities to determine the priority and feasibility of potential projects
• Monitor agency performance and ensuring contractual obligations regarding KPIs are met. Conduct audits to assess quality and performance of implemented recruitment processes. Increase audits as appropriate.
• Degree in HR/Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing related discipline.
• Have strong project and people management experience, broad change management expertise, excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working with customers internally and externally.
• Ability to develop and implement standardized processes and procedures across geographically distributed teams
• Be competent in High volume hiring/recruiting topics, with an impressive track-record of achieving results in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment
• Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth. Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed.
• Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed structure.
• Be comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
• Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications
• MBA graduate
• Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous
Ability to work in a highly matrixed structure. Be comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading