Join us here at Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems as a Senior Product Support Engineer based in Poole. We promote flexible working at Siemens and can offer this role to someone working part time (minimum 3 days a week) or full time.
We are looking for someone who thinks outside the box and is passionate about lean and process improvement. In this support role, you will drive efficiencies and use technology to help drive service requirements of new product lifecycle.
You will be supporting all the Business Assurance processes, ensuring that the company and its employees' safety are not compromised. This involves the support of Siemens accreditation under the NHSS (National Highways Sector Scheme), and development and implementation of processes, technology and tools to enhance safety and working conditions with the service team.The Challenge
- Liaise with the Product Development teams to assist in the development, testing and rollout of new products and services.
- Liaise with geographic management teams in the approval of tenders and rollout of new products and services.
- Maintain close working relationships with all internal customers.
- Pro-active working relationships with Siemens' external customers.
- Work with key stakeholders to drive Field Services efficiency and productivity improvements projects:
- Grow our Remote Support capabilities with both the SOC (Service Operations Centre) and field operatives.
- Driving Process Improvements into installation techniques and maintenance contracts.
Senior Product Support Engineer (You)
- Working with the team to drive Technical Support projects to completion.
- Develop tendering costs for field services new project scope and align with overall project scope. Gain approval from local Field Services Management of costs in a timely manner to meet tender submission deadlines.
- Liaise with customer's suppliers and internal departments and the presentation of information in a variety of formats to suit the needs of the audience.
- Occasional travel to all parts of the UK along with occasional overseas visits.
- Seek and identify opportunities for new business and escalate where appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of the business via support of local contracts and customer liaison.
- Someone with HNC, ONC, electronic engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Someone who can work on their own and plan own workload but also work within the team
- Someone who thrives on solving problems, often complex scenarios, and implementing change to prevent future occurrences
- Someone with the ability to communicate at all levels, both written and verbal, and who easily builds rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Someone who can produce reports at a complex level using Microsoft Office Tools
- Someone with interpersonal skills to develop and maintain good working relationships, the ability to influence opinions of others and to manage negotiation in areas of conflict
Preferred but not essential:
- Knowledge of Siemens Products, Systems and Networks
- Technical background preferred in electrical engineering or electronics
The Engineering Services - Technical Support team is an integral part of Operational Services, we provide support for Field Services, Engineering, Business Assurance, Manufacturing, Sales, and Project Delivery. Our primary responsibility is to provide support capability covering all Siemens products along with products of third-party manufacturers with the aim of providing practical support to all areas of the business and customers. The swift resolution of issues helps minimise wasted on site time whilst providing a source of education to the wider business.About us
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Job ID:
SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITEDExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: