This role sits within Commercial Digital part of the Corporate & Commercial Systems division of BBC D+E.
The division is focused on building world class systems and technology offerings that drive our commercial division and enabling functions, globally.
Working closely with the BBC's commercial arm, BBC Studios, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the International Content Platform: the key interface supporting the BBC's commercial content sales. This platform carries both video and content metadata to provide a unique interface for the BBC's commercial customers to discover and watch our content.
Our vision is to continue to evolve the platform alongside other key content & metadata delivery, marketing and sales functions to help to drive increased sales and collaborations for BBC Studios.
The Senior Product Manager will work with a wide range of stakeholders across the business, architects, developers, UX designers while also being responsible for the delivery and project management of this agile team. This will involve running agile delivery teams and dealing with budgets, driving towards complex delivery goals often shared with other platforms and teams within the BBC.
They will use data and insight from a variety of sources to own and drive a product roadmap agreed with stakeholders and the wider development team, reporting on the progress and building relationships across the organisation to further the value of the product.
- Providing strategic leadership, backlog and roadmap ownership for a range of B2B (although no prior B2B experience required) - being the driving force between business stakeholders, technology and UX to create the best possible product with the resources available.
- Using data to support decisions and strategies for products and to build & present business cases to gain resources and business backing for your products.
- Provide leadership to a variety of disciplines and be seen as the key representative of the products you lead.
- Stay abreast of relevant market trends, ensure that you are up to date with competitors and to regularly assess your own working practices and how they relate to your team.
- Lead the gathering of requirements, and work with tech, UX and the business to ensure appropriate levels of granularity and understanding, and to guide and shape the requirements with your team as the technical and UX understanding progresses.
- Own the negotiation process around requirements with stakeholders.
- Agree KPIs with the business, and ensure that the correct structures are in place to keep key stakeholders expectations managed. Report back on the progress of the KPIs and adjust in an iterative manner so that the aims of the product always reflect the environment in which it exists.
- Gain an understanding of both the business and the technology of both BBC Studios and the wider BBC, so that you can become an effective operator within this unique environment. Identify new opportunities and put forward new ideas around how BBC Studios can further maximise revenue for the BBC.
Are you the right candidate? Key skills:
- Be an experienced product owner who has already led a number of products from inception to success, comfortable with a role that offers significant responsibilities, accountabilities and will be excited about the opportunity to work with one of the nation's most iconic and loved brands.
- Be comfortable dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, including those at a senior level, creating and presenting business cases using a data driven approach. You'll be familiar with using analytics to support your decisions.
- Have experience of forming and driving strategies, and negotiating features with both UX, tech and stakeholders. You will have formed and driven product roadmaps to success, sometimes managing multiple products at once.
- Be comfortable working closely with both technical and UX teams, able to understand the flows of both data and users, to guide products from conception to launch and beyond in an Agile framework, delivering incremental value with each release.
- Have experience of collaboration with external third parties to deliver solutions that are both effective and efficient, and delivered increased value in to buy, build or partner decision making.
Package Description We're happy to discuss flexible and part time working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
Based: London W12 - White City
Permanent / Continuing role
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious people to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community - we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges - we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You'll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Flexible and part-time options available'
We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible working week for work-life balance and offer a range of flexible working options.