At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and to grow in a safe environment for both our Customers and our Associates. To get there, we need bright and dynamic and driven people. If you'd like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
You will work closely with Program, Product, Business, Tech, Operations and other stakeholders from multiple regions, define and secure project delivery, collaborate with numerous cross-functional teams (both technical and non-technical) to implement solutions, and deeply analyze the results. You'll drive frequent experiments where there's an opportunity to learn, but proceed cautiously when decisions have big implications and would be hard to change. You'll shape our strategy in a rapidly evolving environment. With stakeholders across the company including Retail, Technology, Catalogue and Operations, you'll have frequent opportunities to influence significant decisions.
This is a role that will largely lead through influencing in the technical space, but will also need to pivot between Business, Operations and Technology teams worldwide. We have very strong relationships with our stakeholder teams, and we want to maintain this while we continue to scale and grow.
This position offers:
1. The chance to work on - and drive - incredibly interesting and highly visible projects across multiple regions through influencing and cooperation with multiple types of stakeholders.
2. Opportunities for career advancement and learning through working with Amazon's vast infrastructure systems and talented teams.
3. Access [through partnered tech teams] to edge technologies in areas of machine learning, image recognition and process decision automation.
4. Chance to develop in stakeholder management across regions and worldwide, communication and governance skills
5. Competitive compensation whilst having critical business impact.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple technical projects from concept to deployment. • The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant program/product management experience • Understanding of software development process with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead. • Excellent communication and negotiation skills to prioritize projects and get commitments from internal stakeholders, including TPMs, SDEs, SDMs, program managers, and leaders at multiple levels across operations, legal, and business areas. • Ability to partner with and influence remote teams across multiple time zones. • Excellent writing skills [business cases, white papers, PRFAQs, BRDs etc.] • Advanced project management and risk mitigation skills. • Exceptional analytical and project reporting skills. • Strong bias for action with an ability to operate in a fast-paced environment. • Great attention to detail. Capability to operate in highly ambiguous environment and on multiple projects of different type
• A degree in product management, program management, computer science, or engineering or equivalent experience. • An understanding of software product development life cycles. • An understanding of online application development. • Experience with Agile Development techniques. • Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems. • Experience in managing large number of stakeholders of different type from different regions and time zones. • Proficient in document writing and written expression • Program managed rollout and operations of large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.