UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities. The Position
AIG is seeking a Senior Underwriter for its well established Political Risk business which specializes in the underwriting of credit products (both single situations and portfolio transactions) but also including sovereign and project / asset finance which sit within the Political Risk family of insurance products.
With underwriting hubs in Asia, EMEA and North America, the Political Risk group manages a global risk portfolio which is earmarked for growth within AIG's Credit Lines businesses. As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes. The Role Primary Responsibilities:
Candidate Profile Requirements:
- Analyzing and evaluating a diverse range of Sovereign financing and Structured Credit (private corporates) opportunities with a view to recommend (and/or approve) and price transactions that fit with in AIG's risk appetite.
- Working closely with the Global Head of Political Risk in driving business growth by leveraging on existing suite of credit products and new product development.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with financial institution clients, distribution partners and reinsurers to develop and grow the business.
- Negotiate Insurance policy wordings with brokers and financial institutions and reviewing facility documentation.
- Preparation of in-depth internal credit risk (including extensive financial statement analysis) & other related transaction material in support of underwriting requests and recommendations
- Proactively monitoring a diversified portfolio of Political Risk exposures to ensure compliance with internal policies and preparing regular updates and reporting for management (e.g. covenant monitoring, obligor performance, sector and country analysis)
- Ensure deteriorating obligor trends are timely identified and work jointly with Claims division to manage problem credits and workout situations
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably Finance related. Relevant industry accreditations such as FRM, CFA, ACII will be an added benefit
- Extensive credit underwriting or banking experience in credit / syndication / origination or a loan-focused product role, with a track record in managing credit approval processes and negotiation/execution of loan and insurance documentation.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.