Senior Operations Manager
Anyone can have an innovative idea. Here they get heard.
Are you passionate about delivering world class outcomes for our Customers? Have you got a track record of coaching teams to success? Are you able to collaborate virtually and across multiple business units to build strong partnerships? UK Customer Engagement Network (CEN) is looking for a strong and experienced leader to grow their career and become the next Service Delivery Lead (SDL); are you that person?
The American Express mission is to be the world's most respected service brand. Global Servicing Network (GSN) plays a central role in helping the company achieve that vision, with an interconnected team of nearly 30,000 employees and partners operating in 22 markets around the world, all focused on serving our customers and shareholders. The Customer Engagement Network (CEN) is the largest customer-facing organization in GSN and American Express, delivering superior customer care to Card Members across the proprietary business.
The role of SDL will be based in Brighton. You will lead a group of Team Leaders who in turn lead CCPs based in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to lead in a 24/7/365 organisation; the part of our company which deals with all of our Cardmembers no matter what their question or the time of day they wish to contact us.
If you believe you are up to the challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Here's some of the key elements of the role: Set the Agenda
Bring Others With You
- Define what winning looks like to enable delivery on a wide range of critical goals
- Delivering strong day to day operations management
Do it the Right Way
- Build the best team by coaching and developing high performing team members at all levels to realize their potential
- Make collaboration essential by building strong relationships across the various GSN and line of business teams to focus on driving end to end improvements for our customers
- Work across the enterprise to develop solutions to improve coaching effectiveness and removing process pain points
- Communicate frequently, candidly and clearly by building a strong communication plan to ensure Customer Care Professionals (CCPs) are informed at all times on a wide range of topics, ranging from product and process changes to employee engagement activities
- Ensuring that legal, regulatory and compliance controls are central to everything we do
- Be a positive 'Change Agent' and role model the Amex Blue Box values
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Qualifications
- Proven Experience of producing strong results in an operational environment
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in challenging situations
- Proven track record of successfully managing, coaching and leading a team to drive outcomes
- Actively engage in the recruitment of talent and in the development of internal talent through coaching and mentoring activities
- Drive and manage reward, recognition and colleague engagement activities to increase participation and nurture a healthy, collaborative and performance-driven organization
- Display a passion to serve
- Analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to leverage a strong Growth Mind-set to motivate in a diverse and dynamic team environment
- Strong ability to build & leverage key relationships
- Ability to challenge the status quo and act as an agent of change
- Ability to prioritize competing initiatives, dates, requirements
- Pivoting between strategic thinking and tactical execution to drive successful outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.