Amazon strives to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring shipments are delivered quickly, safely, and as compliant as possible. Amazon's Transportation Risk and Compliance Team (TRC) protects Amazon's various transportation businesses by implementing scalable risk management solutions that foster continued business growth.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative compliance leader who thrives in dealing with ambiguity and able to independently drive efforts to change the "impossible" to possible. We are seeking a seasoned Senior Operations Integration Manager to drive the development, maintenance, evaluation, and enhancement of processes that optimize compliance reviews and audits of Amazon's transportation business. The ideal candidate can set an operational vision, get alignment from cross-functional leadership, then develop the detailed designs that bring the vision to light. The Sr. Manager will work with partner teams to ensure timelines are met in support of worldwide launch activities. You think creatively to solve complex business challenges and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
In a typical day in the life of the Sr. Ops Integration Manager, you will:
• Be a designer that takes a vision and figures out how to deliver against it -- delivering value today that can flex and scale for the future through building and owning critical roadmaps that execute against the team strategy and vision
• Be a customer-obsessed athlete by obsessing over the needs of customers, both internal and external. You advocate for them with stakeholders, constantly prioritize ways to not only remove pain points but offer something better. You do this all while balancing trade-offs between the best end customer experience and performance/operational support load
• Take Calculated Risks using use data to make decisions. You aren't afraid to adjust as you learn or as situations change.
• Identify and document clear detailed business requirements that can be used to create specifications and architecture for each project and application
• Engage with partner teams (business, legal, tech) to identify regulatory, compliance, or other risks, providing risk subject matter expertise (SME) to influence product design.
• Ensure transportation compliance awareness within each transportation product lifecycle
• Develop and lead the end-to-end transportation product risk management process from stakeholder engagement and risk identification standards, to feature development and post launch monitoring.
• Guide senior leadership on balancing risk management concerns and mitigations with business product roadmaps.
• Bachelor's degree
• 7+ years relevant work experience in program/project management, risk management, or similar disciplines
• Experience with business process and technology review, root cause analysis, and process redesign
• Excellent communication (written/oral) and stakeholder/partner management
• Strong bias for action, and ability to work independently toward stated goals
• Analytical and quantitative skills and data-driven decision making
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Willingness to travel 30%
• Transportation, Logistics, or Supply Chain experience a plus
• Fluency in German a plus
• Lean or Six Sigma certifications a plus
• Experience managing Budgets and P&L
• Experience with audit or risk program design, control environment process documentation and control mapping
• Experience with Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) a plus
• General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to influence others.
• Problem-solving passion and service orientation
• Experience using analysis, reporting, modeling, and forecasting to gather data for the purpose of making business decisions
• Experience working on issues impacting the technology industry, such as competition, privacy, consumer protection, tax, copyright, trade, labor, transportation and infrastructure, product compliance, sustainability.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.