• Senior Network Engineers located in our head offices in Swindon.• Salary up to £61,201 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hour a week, contract.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for highly experienced engineers with solid networking background to work within an expanding team, which is supporting our business by delivering innovative networking and security solutions.
If you can answer the following without needing to resort to Google you should apply for these roles
• What is the difference between a port-channel and a virtual port-channel?• Is ARP a layer 2 or layer 3 protocol?• What is the difference between Route Distinguisher and Route Target?• How does DNS recursion work?• Can you explain the principals of HTTP/2?• What is the difference between active and passive FTP?
As a minimum requirement you'll:
• Have an engineering or computing degree.• CCNA in Routing and Switching or Security• Development experience in Python• Subject matter expert in Security, Campus, Wireless, Datacentre or ACI• Be an approachable team member with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had implementation, design and support experience of:
• Cisco FTD/FMC, Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA• Cisco ACI/SDA• F5 LTM, GTM/DNS, ASM• APIC, Techtration• Cisco Meraki• Microfocus NOM Suite (NNMi, NA, BVD)• Cloud Hosting (AWS, Azure)• Skybox, Cisco Stealthwatch, Splunk, Thousandeyes, Ansible• Cisco ISE and NAC• InfoBlox DNS and IPAM
What you'll be doing
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it's never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation. You will be working within our network teams providing hands on support for your area. Your goal is to prevent incidents occurring, but when the worst happens, restore service in the most pragmatic and efficient way. As well as excellent technical skills you may be required to line manage and coach staff.
You will be working in a highly skilled team, complemented by outsourced resources. Governance is an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable to both perform reviews and being audited yourself. You will also be part of an on-call rota (never more than 1 week in 4).
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we'll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you'll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we'll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.