Colt Data Centre Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data centre strategy is future-proof. Role Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design Manager) Colt Band: S2 Department: DCS Reports to: Discipline Engineering Lead Role Location: UK Colt Vision Colt Mission C
- Trusted by all to be the leading information delivery platform
- We make a real difference to our customers’ business through:
- A best in class customer experience
- Our truly integrated computing and networking services
- Exceptional people who always deliver and
- taking ownership of our actions and our company’s commitments
- Demonstrate leadership, always striving to be the best at whatever we do
- Put teamwork at the heart of our business, working with others to achieve success
- DCS Design are looking for a multi-disciplined M&E services engineer who can support the new site build programme across Asia and Europe. The right candidate will be able to utilise his or her multi-disciplined knowledge base to develop the DCS standardised design.
- The candidate will be required to steer and guide the site based Design Consultants and Contractors. Periodically assess and evaluate all project related design decisions presented by consultants and contractors with support if required from Senior DCS staff
- Produce design briefs, manage design teams and support the DCS Delivery Team in implementing the technical solutions for critical infrastructure projects. Engage & manage external design consultants to ensure they deliver a design to meet the requirements of the Design Brief.
- Provide engineering support to Senior staff to define site specific conditions, infrastructure design, costs and liaison with local authorities.
- The role would also be to ensure the Colt DCS Testing & Commissioning processes are being managed as per DCS requirements, including Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) and Integrated System Testing (IST).
- Support sales requests and liaise with customers to develop specific project design requirements.
- Liaise and collaborate with other Colt engineering teams and stakeholders, providing support as and when required.
- Manage a portion of the design schedule to ensure on time creation and review of Employers Requirements (ER’s), tender information and design documentation issued for planning and Construction.
- Works hand-in-hand with more senior staff, delivery managers, general contractors and subcontractors to deliver projects during construction and ensure projects are fully documented and closed out.
- Interacts with CSA and MEP consultancies, and other design partners to deliver world class datacenters.
- Provides technical design support to both sales and local operations teams.Works with peers in other regions to ensure consistency and technical excellence on design and delivery practices and methodologies
- Thinks and acts in a global manner, ensuring design decisions are developed and discussed with more senior staff to ensure appropriateness on a global basis.
- Maintains and deploys technical expertise in Industry best practices and Colt policy requirements. Supports Colt’s aims to always improve Health and Safety at all stages of DCS projects.
- Supports Sales and Operations activities requiring the involvement of Technical Infrastructure.
We deliver an exceptional customer
experience every time.
- Actively builds relationships with customers to understand their views on the service provided – shares these views with others to identify areas of improvement, benefiting the overall service for the customer
- Reviews working methods regularly to identify ways of improving customer experience – makes recommendations on what improvement can be made and owns delivery of agreed action plan and outcomes
We take ownership
of our actions and our company’s commitments
- Regularly checks with other areas of the business that they and their team are delivering on their part of any activity, working with them to resolve issues to ensure flawless delivery
- Regularly reviews spend and identifies opportunities to drive down the cost or improve the return on investment of their personal / team’s activities
- Takes ownership for understanding what is expected of them / their team and ensures it is delivered
We demonstrate leadership
, always striving to be the best at whatever we do.
- Looks at industry best practice and current trends/innovations for their role and applies these within Colt, sharing what has worked and what hasn’t (and why) with others who hold similar roles within the business.
- Understands cultural differences and utilises this understanding to ensure the successful completion of a task.
We put teamwork
at the heart of our business, working with others to achieve success
- Proactively requests other team member’s views and opinions; using this feedback to improve personal performance
- Identifies areas where relationships between the team and its stakeholders are not working effectively; making well-considered recommendations on suggestions for improvement – implements agreed actions.
- Takes action to maintain morale and productivity of geographically distributed teams.
- High performing Mechanical engineer with ability to make decisions across disciplines
- Previous experience of working in a data centre design role within mission critical facilities.
- Demonstrate site based construction and commissioning experience of new build and existing mission critical facilities.
- Demonstrate experience during the early site selection, design and procurement phases of new build and existing mission critical facilities.
- Proven experience of writing feasibility studies, design briefs, policy statements and guidance documents
- Direct experience of conducting site reviews/energy surveys
- Experience evaluating a resolving engineering issues that occur on mission critical facilities
- Design experience with all of the following:
- Switch Gear.
- Cooling systems
- Ventilation systems
- Fire systems.
- Knowledge of various energy saving techniques. Construction/Commissioning experience
- Knowledge of all other engineering aspects of data centres
- Innovation; experience working on and overseeing the development and implementation of innovative technologies
#LI-DNI What we offer:
- Mechanical Engineering qualification or degree, or overseas equivalent.
- Excellent written and Verbal English skills.
- Other languages desirable: French, German, Japanese
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
Who we are
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Colt DCS has a vision to ''to be the most customer centric data centre provider''. We have over 20 years' experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centres - hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace Job Segment:
Manager, Procurement, Data Center, Cloud, HVAC, Management, Operations, Technology