We're expanding our team and looking for a Senior Manager to lead our EU Ergonomics field team. As the single-threaded ergonomic leader for the region you will be accountable for collaboratively assisting in the development of the long term strategy and operational direction for field ergonomics. You will work within the Global Ergonomics team. You will have a proven track record delivering significant results across multiple businesses and geographies, interacting with senior leaders, influencing cross-functional organizations, and are an exceptionally strong communicator and analytic thinker.
In this role you will provide technical expertise applying a variety of analytical techniques, standardized assessments and problem-solving skills to drive innovative solutions to prevent injury and enhance performance focused on field operations. You must be innovative and think outside of the traditional paradigm for enhancing human performance. You will be a strong leader of others, and will be responsible for leading a team of field ergonomists along with working collaboratively across a matrixed organization with Engineering Design Ergonomists, WHS field operations, Operations, Engineers, HR and other stakeholders. You will thrive in a fast paced environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Your scope will be EU based, however will have the potential to expand broader to Middle East and Asia to drive significant improvements across all our businesses and regions. You will need to be able to travel both within the EU and internationally (estimated travel 40%+ pending location). This role can be based virtually within Europe or within one of our key office locations.
The ideal candidate shall:
• Collaboratively develop, create-buy in and drive the Regions Ergonomic strategy
• Lead a team of subject matter experts, and indirectly other individuals/groups who support ergonomics
• Initiate, formulate, and develop scalable and sustainable programs
• Thrive working within an operations environment to drive sustainable change
• Apply ergonomic principles into real life complex problems using modeling, data and other methods to optimize human performance and overall performance to eliminate or reduce risk of injury/illness
• Use a holistic systems approach, therefore considers the broader context of the human in the environment (physical, cognitive and organizational factors)
• Research and collect background and historical multi-source information specific to topical areas using both internal data sources along with being actively aware of external trends
• Be passionate about using data to facilitate and drive business decisions. You will identify key trends through deep dive analysis (including statistical modelling) to justify ergonomic programs/initiatives and establish robust approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness and impact of programs
• Maintain subject matter mastery and current industry knowledge to advise senior leadership on emerging trends and regulatory requirements with potential impacts to the business strategic roadmap
• Drive innovation in approaches to ergonomics both within Amazon and redefining best practice industry approaches.
• Bachelor's degree in ergonomics/human factors, industrial engineering or biomedical Engineering with ergonomics focus, applied science (biomechanics, kinesiology), or related field
• Worked within a global company, with responsibilities across multiple countries
• Experience in ergonomics programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations; or show us how your other industry experience will benefit our workplaces
• Experience in leadership role, including leading and developing others
• Strong analytical and statistical skills including quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• Experience conducting comprehensive field-based ergonomic assessments, KIM Method, and a firm understanding of the advantages and limitations of tools such as: NIOSH Lifting Equation, Liberty Mutual MMH Tables, Duty Cycle Equation, RCRA, ART, Revised Strain Index, OCRA, 3DSSP, Digital Human Modelling (e.g. JACK)
• Have the ability to collaborate and lead in a flexible, detail-oriented, fast-paced team environment in a changing and growing organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, influencing executive level leaders
• A self-starter and ability to self-manage priorities and deliverables
• Possess the ability to interact positively and in a professional manner, excellent critical thinking with problem-solving skills, and an ability to work cooperatively in a team setting. Flexibility in responding to changing demands, goals, timelines, and priorities.
• Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
• Master's Degree from an accredited EU University, or international university of equivalent standard
• Ergonomic Certification (AEP, CPE or equivalent), or ability to become certified required
• Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.