UK Job Description
About the Role
The Senior Manager Client Value is responsible for leading and overseeing the management of pricing, analytics and aspects of legal project management functions in the EMEA region. The role will supervise the EMEA client value manager and manager of pricing and analytics, and with them manage the junior members of the team. He/she will build, lead and mentor a first-class impactful team. The Senior Manager will be a strong participant in driving firm strategy, and will develop, negotiate and monitor commercial agreements with clients for the the benefit of the partnership. He/she will develop strategy for elevating Client Value Team's profile, collaborate with the global Client Value Team, and integrate the EMEA team with partners and clients in countries in EMEA and globally. The Senior Manager will be a proactive, creative and forceful advocate to support the firm in reaching its goals.
The role holder will support the Firm's leadership, reinforcing the value of high-quality, managed pricing and legal project management programmes, and lead partners and key fee-earners to adopt improved pricing and LPM practices. He/she will design and deliver meaningful training to the partnership. The Senior Manager will meet with clients and deliver the firm's principles and practices in line with the above stated strategy.
The role will be required to plan and implement robust, strategic, consistent and creative programmes that will engage Reed Smith's audiences and clients, create buy-in and support change; all of which have the goal of improving firm profitability.
Reed Smith is a global law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers in 28 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
Operating as one global partnership, we represent leading international businesses from FTSE 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises; advising clients on cross border transactions, international commercial disputes and regulation. We specialise in industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, energy and natural resources, entertainment and media, shipping and real estate.
We all share a common culture, with core values supporting the firm's commitment to add value, achieve excellence, and promote professional development.
London is our largest office with approximately 700 people, including over 300 fee earners across the full range of commercial practice areas. Consistent with the firm's strategy, the office has grown significantly over the past five years. Key to this growth has been our ability to successfully integrate new hires into our business and give them a platform to flourish. We place a huge significance on listening to our people and incorporating their ideas wherever possible.
For further information, please visit:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Liasing with Senior Director of Client Value, Global Director of Client Value and Senior Manager of Legal Project Management in leading CVT to deliver on its strategic plan and meet the firm's goals.
• Creating innovative pricing models and making recommendations for the most appropriate choices on panel pitches and individual matters
• Ensuring that pricing proposals are in line with the firm's strategic goals and, where applicable, have the appropriate level of sign-off before submission
• Be strongly familiar with legal project management principles, and in conjunction with the Senior Manager of Legal Project Management, embed these principles in matters in the region, and support supervision of LPMs in EMEA
• Assessing current firm pricing and matter management capabilities and writing proposals for projects that can improve firm efficiency and profitability
• Attending client meetings to discuss Pricing and Value Add offerings
• Develop and deliver training to partners and other fee-earners throughout EMEA region to raise awareness of pricing, profitability and legal project management principles, and of Client Value Team function and capabilities
• Managing EMEA and pricing analytics managers and team analysts to ensure all work is delegated appropriately and completed to highest standards
• Overseeing EMEA reporting function and ensuring quality and integrity are maintained at all times, including but not limited to the profitability portal and client dashboards.
• Reviewing client requests for regular management Information, Working closely with BD, Finance and other Business Services functions to ensure that they provide information in a seamless and professional fashion
• Liaising with Firm Programming team to ensure all support tools are maintained to the highest standard and lead on co-ordinating any required changes
• Assisting HR director with lateral hire analysis
• Collaborating with all members of the Client Value Team and working to integrate the global team
• Proactively designing and developing initiatives to support firm goals.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience Required
Skills and Attributes
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to serve as a mentor to other members of the team
• Ability to earn the trust and respect of partnership
• Strong negotiating skills; negotiating with clients while maintaining good client relationships.
• Creative, proactive, strategic in developing intiatives to promote and support delivery of firm's goals
• Excellent presentation and training skills
• Ability to gain respect of and influence key senior decision makers
• Excellent level of attention to detail
• Responsiveness, even after work hours and on weekends
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Service delivery focus
• Dedication to work and delivery of excellent results
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and be responsive to changing priorities
• Highly motivated with ability to work independently - using initiative
• Experience in designing and delivering presentations and training to partners and attorneys
• Expereince creating and delivering complex and commercially valid fee arrangements
• Understanding of complex reporting requests for internal and external clients and experience in recommending and designing solutions to delivering these reports as well assisting in interpretation and analysis
• University Undergraduate level education
• Pricing and/or Project Management certifications are a plus
• Experience collaborating with other departments and leading cross functional teams
• Experience working with partners and clients through out EMEA region
• Law firm background a plus
• 3E system knowledge a plus
At Reed Smith, we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to submit your details and we will be in touch.
No search firms/agencies please.
Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities or long-term health conditions. If you have a disability or a long-term health condition and require adjustments to be made for you within the recruitment process, please contact a member of the Recruitment team. For more information on our approach to diversity and inclusion please visit our website .