There are significant opportunities in the role to be creative and imaginative, demonstrating a flair for sustainable design supporting a broad client base that includes the major power utilities, local authorities and private developers.
You will have a grounded and practical knowledge and understanding of the landscape and of landscape planning and design, and you are likely to have significant post-graduate experience. You will be someone who can communicate effectively and build sustainable relationships with clients, staff and the public. You will be able to take responsibility for a wide variety of tasks in a busy and diverse working environment, making day to day decisions in accordance with your experience and capability.
We'd also love to hear from you if you have:
What if we can?
- Chartered Membership of the Landscape Institute (or appropriate landscape qualifications and post-graduate experience equivalent to CMLI status);
- A demonstrable high level of technical competence gained in a consultancy environment.
- A good track record in landscape design - including the production of detailed hard & softworks details, schedules and specifications, as well as site supervision during implementation;
- An ability to work independently when necessary and meet tight deadlines under pressure, whilst maintaining attention to detail and working to the highest standards;
- Experience and aptitude in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite, demonstrating excellent graphic skills;
- Evidence of being a strong team player including developing junior team members
- A proven track record in LVIA, with an excellent standard of written English;
- Medium to large scale project and line management experience;
- Sound knowledge of relevant industry legislation, H&S / CDM regulations, contracts and tendering procedures;
- An in-depth understanding of and interest in landscape and environmental planning including current trends
- Experience of applying current design and assessment standards, methodologies and good working practices, including a demonstrable understanding of GLVIA3, DMRB, GRIP and RIBA Plan of Work
- A full driving licence allowing unrestricted UK use.
- Good at work winning and building relationships with clients;
- CAD skills and BIM experience and/or use and application of 3D modelling software such as 3D Studio Max, Rhino & Revit
- Front end design experience; and
- Report writing / proposal writing experience
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP " we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important " be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme " so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) " WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone. A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out www.wsp.com for more info about the great work we do.