Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
We are seeking individuals with strong Land Surveying experience to support the continued expansion of our Geospatial expertise within the UK Surveying and Reality Capture business.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high-profile projects with clients that include the Highways England, National Contractors and Local Authorities. Our current challenges include a significant portfolio of infrastructure projects with many more opportunities in the pipeline.
As a Senior Land Surveyor you will be required to efficiently organise and maintain field survey teams and equipment to complete project tasks. You will be able to review job specifications and plan fieldwork methods, and accurately observe, calculate and record field data.
#UKGeomatics #Jacobsp&psjobEssential Criteria
- Substantial experience working on land survey projects and have demonstrable project experience
- Experience managing land survey field crews
- Work without direct day to day supervision and make technical and supervisory decisions for projects assigned within specified limits of authority
- Experience in identification of, and marketing to clients
- Experience with registration and 3D modelling software
- Full driving licence is essential
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred but not essential
- Land Surveying experience in the rail and utility sectors
- Experience with operating various 3D scanners including Leica, Faro and Z & F
- Evidence of planning daily activities considering possible multiple projects to meet productivity goals set by Project Managers
- Evidence of recommendations to Project Managers for external equipment, procedural changes, and new equipment purchases
- Supervise the team's use of equipment, preparation of sketches and notes, and electronic data collection
- Evidence of input to Project Managers and Group Leaders for the formal performance evaluation of crew members
- Evidence of survey department and field team training
We're invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what's possible. There's something that drives everyone - and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.Our Culture
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.