Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe's leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work - a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
"Our work relies on building and maintaining the strongest relationships with other delivery teams
across Sky and Sky's partners. Collaboration and continuous improvement are at the heart of what
we do. We're looking to more talented people joining our team" - Scrum Master
What you'll do:
The key responsibility for our developers is to develop excellent quality software with innovative and simple solution design by using agile techniques.
- Actively contribute to technical direction of team to follow best practices of pair programming, Agile
TDD\/BDD to develop software and features with consideration of high quality, performance,
availability, reliability and secure architecture
- Involve from initial stages of a product or feature development to analyse, design and estimate the
feature in collaboration with product and analysis team
- Take an active role in user story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with
acceptance criteria, sprint planning, development, code reviews, releases and regular showcases to
the product owners and stakeholders
- Take a pro-active role to support the live product used by customers to deliver best customer
- Strive for continuous improvement within the self-regulated team, mentor peers and associates
working in cross functional feature teams
- Be responsible for innovation and introduction to new technologies in team
What you'll bring:
- Strong Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial
HTML 5, CSS3
- Desktop apps development experience using Test Driven Development (TDD), Service Orientated
Architecture (SOA), RESTful web services (JSON \/ XML), Web application architectures and designs,
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high availability, high traffic and high quality
product using XP and Agile framework
- Experience using tools like Jira, confluence, Jenkins or similar CI, Git, JS build tools NPM scripts,
Grunt, Gulp, Webpack
- The ability to demonstrate active and conscious awareness of their environment, sensing and
anticipating situations and being able to ask the right questions at the right time.
- Good communication skills who can summaries information, present clearly and set
correct expectation within and outside team.
- Knowledge of Responsive design, ATDD, experience with large content\/video
management system, Linear and VOD video technologies with cisco player
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience
There's a reason people can't stop talking about №LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get pampered at our beauty salon, and even get your car washed.
We don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.